1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sin and Salvation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Lacy Evans, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He can sin as Jesus said there is a sin not unto death but God is not going to let His children sin a sin unto death. He will take your life first.

2. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

See other thread.

3. His Blood Spoke My Name

Belief, repentance, and Confession are what is required if one wants to be saved accordance to Scripture.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Since you have never defined a sin unto death, I will just assume that all sins are sins unto death because God is no respector of persons. And he is no respectors of sins. All sin is equal in his sight. He who has broken the law in one point is just as guilty as if he has broken all the law. Sin is a transgression of the law. Instead of continually looking at the abhorrence of sin from man's point of view; try looking at the evil of sin from God's point of view. God has a different perspective than man.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Since you have never defined a sin unto death, I will just assume that all sins are sins unto death because God is no respector of persons. And he is no respectors of sins. All sin is equal in his sight. He who has broken the law in one point is just as guilty as if he has broken all the law. Sin is a transgression of the law. Instead of continually looking at the abhorrence of sin from man's point of view; try looking at the evil of sin from God's point of view. God has a different perspective than man.__________________
    DHK

I have did this also, but once again just for you DHK;
    In the first place I have given you different list of which the Bible gives of people who will not go to Heaven.

Most of all, When you were born again, God gave you a heart of flesh, that was a good heart he gave you, one that could love and one that had some laws in it. He took away that stony heart.

Now, the list that really counts is in your heart and there is the Grace of God which bringeth Salvation appeareth unto all men, teaching them to deny ungodliness. (To teach you to deny ungodliness, it would have to teach you what ungodliness is.)

One other thing, Jesus said before I came you had a cloke for your sin, but now that I have come you have no cloke. Now unless you have had your heart seared with a hot iron, you know those sins.

You can assume anything you want. I give you the word. Jesus said there is a sin that is a sin unto death and there is a sin that is not a sin unto death. Please quit accusing me of something I did not say. I would that you would copy this post and keep it, and refer back to it from time to time for I am tired of typing it.

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

So basically, you cannot be saved without showing some good works. (Stopping sinning is a good work.)

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What is the message you are supposed to preach unto the world.

8. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Depends on whether you're following the Bible or the Vatican.

"If anyone says that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in divine mercy, which remits sins for Christ's sake, or that it is this confidence alone that justifies us, LET HIM BE ANATHEMA" (Sixth Session, Canons Concerning Justification, Canon 12).

"If anyone says that the justice received is not preserved and also not increased before God through good works, but that those works are merely the fruits and signs of justification obtained, but not the cause of its increase, LET HIM BE ANATHEMA" (Sixth Session, Canons Concerning Justification, Canon 24).

"... [Christ] also willed that the work of salvation which they preached should be set in train through the sacrifice and sacraments, around which the entire liturgical [ritualistic] life revolves. Thus by Baptism men are grafted into the paschal mystery of Christ. ... They receive the spirit of adoption as sons" (Vatican II, Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, Chap. 1, I, 5,6, pp. 23-24).

"From the most ancient times in the Church good works were also offered to God for the salvation of sinners, particularly the works which human weakness finds hard. Because the sufferings of the martyrs for the faith and for God's law were thought to be very valuable, penitents used to turn to the martyrs to be helped by their merits to obtain a more speedy reconciliation from the bishops. Indeed, the prayers and good works of holy people were regarded as of such great value that it could be asserted that the penitent was washed, cleansed and redeemed with the help of the entire Christian people" (Vatican II, Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, Apostolic Constitution on the Revision of Indulgences, chap. 3, 6, pp. 78,79).

#88 Lacy Evans, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Come on Bro.

10. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

"If anyone says that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in divine mercy, which remits sins for Christ's sake, or that it is this confidence alone that justifies us, LET HIM BE ANATHEMA" (Sixth Session, Canons Concerning Justification, Canon 12).

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

John 19
    11 Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

Matthew 10
    15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!

Matthew 11
    22 But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes you gave me a list of sins contained in Revelation. Then together we logically agreed that it was impossible for that list to be all-inclusive. Did the list include such sins as: rapists, bestiality, terrorists, child-molesters, or pedophilacs, etc. Does that list contain all those horrid type of criminals? Or will you then admit that even those type of people will gain entrance into heaven as opposed to "all liars?" If then the list is just an example of sins, and not an all inclusive list, then how do we know for sure what sins are omitted? Perhaps many of the sins that you do commit are also included in that list since the list is not all inclusive. We did agree that it wasn't. If all liars is included, why not "all the proud" because that particular sin is the most oft talked about sin in the Book of Proverbs. It is an abomination in God's sight which he calls out more serious even than murder. A proud heart God hates. Lying lips, envy, greed, gluttony, intemperance, covetousness, hate, anger, etc. Perhaps all these sins are included in that list in Revelation 22, but the Holy Spirit just didn't find the room to write them all down. His purpose was not to write an addendum containiing every possible sin to commit, but to give an example of sins that would keep one out of heaven. Of course any sin, every sin, keeps one out of heaven. These are the sins of the unsaved that were never under the blood of Christ in the first place.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

All sin in God's eyes is equal. It is a transgression of his law.
    The consequence of that sin may be different. But sin is sin.

14. His Blood Spoke My Name

Hey, I did not write the Word of God. The Bible clearly shows in one place one must repent, in another, confession is necessary, in another, belief. So all three must be necessary for one to be saved.

Oh, there is a fourth requirement... you must call on the name of the Lord.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I don't know, not according to John.

1Jo 5:16If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

I have did this also, but once again just for you DHK;
    In the first place I have given you different list of which the Bible gives of people who will not go to Heaven.

Most of all, When you were born again, God gave you a heart of flesh, that was a good heart he gave you, one that could love and one that had some laws in it. He took away that stony heart.

Now, the list that really counts is in your heart and there is the Grace of God which bringeth Salvation appeareth unto all men, teaching them to deny ungodliness. (To teach you to deny ungodliness, it would have to teach you what ungodliness is.)

One other thing, Jesus said before I came you had a cloke for your sin, but now that I have come you have no cloke. Now unless you have had your heart seared with a hot iron, you know those sins.

You can assume anything you want. I give you the word. Jesus said there is a sin that is a sin unto death and there is a sin that is not a sin unto death. Please quit accusing me of something I did not say. I would that you would copy this post and keep it, and refer back to it from time to time for I am tired of typing it.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Any sin, even one sin that has not been covered by the blood of Christ is enough to send us to hell, but to say that God judges all sin as the same is not true. I gave you the scripture. To say that picking an argument with your wife is the same as pedophelia is ridiculous.

17. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

And conversely, any sinner covered by the blood (regardless of the type of sin), is a saved individual in an absolute, eternal sense.

To say that God will judge an immature undiscipled pedophile more harshly than he will a mature 50 year pastor, a counseled many, and an overseer of many who publically picks an argument with his wife causing many to stumble, is presumption.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, the difference is has the heart been changed? Someone who still has a heart that will commit such acts, still has his old heart. Sorry, but we were so close but now we seem to be drifting apart again.

We believe if they been covered by the blood they won't lose their salvation. We just question if they been covered by the blood if they still have a heart with such evil intentions.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Exactly.......

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

This is not about whether or not God saves a pedophile. Of course He can. But will he continue in his sin after salvation? What about being born again? Are we born again into the same old sinner as before? No, we are new creatures in Christ.