1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Since we must have war, must we also have McCain?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ivon Denosovich, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

(Note: I don't like McCain and have no intention of supporting him. I'm still angry over McCain-Feingold.)

It seems to me that if the war is to continue (for better or for worse) we should at least have a competent commander in chief and among the frontrunners on the GOP side McCain was right about Rumsfeld's failed strategy of making a light footprint, he is right about torture being both wrong and useless, and he is the ONLY Republican who's still focused on capturing bin Laden (read: thanks for nothing, Dubya). If we must have this terrible war, and assuming no third parties were available, why not chose McCain? At the very least, he has more knowledge and foreign policy experience than Romney, Giuliani, and Huckabee. If, hypothetically, I could pick someone to manage the war without picking that same person to be President I'd have to go w/ McCain. If only that were an option.

#1 Ivon Denosovich, Jan 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2008
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We got a choice between empire and republic. Which do you prefer?

If your choice is empire...then vote for anybody but Ron Paul they'll make sure you get it, whoever they turn out to be.

Oh and just a reminder, the empire is broke and about to go the way of the USSR..

#2 poncho, Jan 28, 2008
  3. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

That's a good point, poncho, as we don't have the money to police the world permanently. But among the major candidates, is there someone you like better?

FWIW, I plan on voting for the actual Libertarian party itself. I'm just curious what people like us would do if we had to vote for one of the frontrunners (gun-to-the-head sorta thing), and if I absolutely had to pick one it would be McCain.

#3 Ivon Denosovich, Jan 28, 2008
  4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What's McCain have to say about the North American Union? The federal reserve?

Doesn't matter anyway. Sister Hillary Bush Clinton is going to be the next american don and we'll get more of the same.

[​IMG]

Ora รจ una cosa della famiglia.

#4 poncho, Jan 28, 2008
  5. moscott

moscott Member

Honestly, I don't get why so many make the voting so complicated. The reality is it is going to be either Hillary or Obama, and either McCain or Romney---period. There is no gray area here. Your vote then relies on what the end game is for you. For people who are protest voting(ala Paul) in a state such as Florida, you are completely wasting your vote---you might as well write your own name in because the result will be the same. Instead, a vote for McCain or Romney instead could possibly decide who represents the GOP. Now the ultimate end game for me is NOT having either Hillary or Obama in the White House. Thus, even though he isn't my ideal candidate, McCain would get my vote because he is the ONLY GOP candidate that beats Hillary and Obama head to head nationally. Now, in another state such as Mass. where Romney is going to win the vote---then sure cast your protest vote for Huckabee or Paul etc...because in the end it won't matter. If however in Fla. you waste your vote then you are totally relying on everybody else to choose the scenario for you---and that is either Hillary or Obama vs either McCain or Romney(where Romney is getting trounced nationally head to head)---no gray areas.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So Americans are wasting their votes voting for an American yet Americans voting for a transnational aren't wasting their vote? Well, okay maybe your right about that in a sick sad establishment thinking kind of way but lets put it in perspective. If you vote for a transnational you're helping to waste your country!

We Paul supporters are trying to save it! Sure would be nice to have a little more help and alot less of these cowardly "lesser of two evils" speeches.

#6 poncho, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2008