1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Since you have been a Baptist have you.....# 2

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by william s. correa, Mar 25, 2006.

1. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

Been to a catholic mass? Montazumas revenge.

2. william s. correa

Well I grew up in the Roman Catholic church, was confirmed, and went mass every chance I could. But since I've been saved I haven't stepped in a Catholic church . Although I have had some preety interresting discussions with Roman Catholic Priests, Such as " Is the Bible the final authority ,and the Bible beeing used literaly" the answer is No. If I didn't Know now what a mass relly was, Iprobably would go, but I dont think i will; Now if my dad insists,or other family members ask me to I might but not partake in it.

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Yes. A couple of funeral masses (I gave a brief eulogy at one), a couple of weddings (I sang at one). Obviously, I have several Catholic friends.

4. mioque

mioque New Member

Yes.
    I'm as much of a cradlebaptist as one can be in a denomination that doesn't sprinkle babies.
    I have never participated, but I'm pretty certain that I could have done so without any trouble, despite it being against the RCC rules and the priests knowing I wasn't catholic.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I have been to two RC funerals in the last 3 weeks. Very tragic events and I do hate the actual mass - I sit still during that time.

I am glad that I have gone for the families we are minstering to.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I went to a Catholic funeral just last week.

I didn't go to partake of Catholic doctrines. I went to pay my last respects to a very dear friend.

I was surprised when the priest said that the noncatholics in attendance could get into the communion line but cross their arms over their chests so he would know not to give them the sacraments.

I thought to myself, then what is the point? :confused:

7. CompassionateConservative

Yes. I played my violin at a Midnight Mass once. They pay well....

8. mioque

mioque New Member

"I thought to myself, then what is the point?"
    "
    Indeed. :confused:

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree.

When we need to go we sit at the back and try not to make a scene, but I cannot in any way partake in the mass section of the funeral.

10. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Wasnt this thread just here a couple weeks ago?

What is this?

I thought that is what happens to you when you drink the water in Mexico.

11. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

12. td

td New Member

Yeah, been to a Catholic wedding, but just what's that have to with Montezuma's revenge? I mean, I live there...is there something I need to know? ;)

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Had a little Montezeuma's revenge myself. :eek: And have never been within 500 miles of Mexico. :( Let alone drunk the water. :rolleyes:
    Ed

14. william s. correa

Good point you dont have to be mexican or catholic to see there are false gods everywhere,"vengance is mine saith the Lord"

15. william s. correa

I thought that is what happens to you when you drink the water in Mexico. </font>[/QUOTE][There is no need to compare "the living water" to dead water. Keep the derogatory remarks concerning the Lord Jesus Christ to yourself]

[ March 27, 2006, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: DHK ]

16. bgoc bryan

bgoc bryan New Member

When I was in the Marines I would go to field Mass because many times it was the only chance I would get to worship with others. Our batallion chaplin was catholic so some times he was the only chaplin in the area. I got to know Chaplin Brown pretty well. Now I can't tell you the state of his soul, but he taught Christ saves not the church. He gave us St. Elizabeth medals(saint of the Marines and Navy)and didn't tell us to pray to her just said "they are not majic or anything. They just give us a symbol to identify as Christians and Marines." That is my only mass or catholic exposure. I liked chaplin Brown and belive he was a Christian. Frow what I hear he is a pretty rare priest.

17. william s. correa

I thought that is what happens to you when you drink the water in Mexico. </font>[/QUOTE][There is no need to compare "the living water" to dead water. Keep the derogatory remarks concerning the Lord Jesus Christ to yourself] </font>[/QUOTE]Amen Brother!