1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Singles Sites

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Repent-or-Burn, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Repent-or-Burn

Repent-or-Burn New Member

Going by his photo, I think he's much older than I am ;).

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I believe waiting for Gods divine appointment is VERY biblical still.:jesus:

3. Repent-or-Burn

If God wills, I will do this or that.

Within the will of God, yet not inactive.

4. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Dating vs Waiting....How many times does the scriptures say to wait on the lord? I believe a lot of Christians sin and miss Gods best by not waiting on his timetable. Just like Jesus told his brothers....any time is good for you.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, wait on the Lord, and a good place to wait might be in a gym...and you might strike up a conversation with a few young ladies while your waiting...;)

6. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Or like Sampson and fall for the wrong one.:tonofbricks:

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

SD has a much greater population than it did years ago. There are godly women in every state.

8. Repent-or-Burn

Exactly.
    That's a VERY dangerous place to search.

9. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People who are involved in taking care of their health and going to a gym to excercise are considered "VERY" dangerous? I'll have you know that I have had several people strike up conversations about God there and will suggest you use good judgment, discernment, evaluation of character, and self control where ever you search to meet or "wait" to meet a young lady, even in church.

#29 Benjamin, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  10. Repent-or-Burn

Well, Benjamin.. Yes.

The odds of a woman being regenerate, even in church - is low enough to cause concern.
    To go into the world and look for a mate - makes it an extremely significant problem. That is to say, the Majority of adults will go to hell. And probably the Vast majority, hence the narrow way vs the wide way. And, MANY take the wide way.

A gym also has many women who are dressed immodestly, and would be a great temptation towards lust - "and" choosing the wrong mate. If you study a little on psychology, you'll see another reason why these sorts of places are a bad place to look for a mate. I am probably not wording this well, but it has to do with the excitement/adrenaline, causing a stronger attracting.

Is it wrong to check in a gym? No. Will it Likely lead you into sin? Very.

11. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

God knows where you are and where she is......if you commit your way to Him He can bring it to pass. Through faith and patients! :type:

12. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To each his own I guess, but it wouldn’t be dangerous along those lines for me. Personally, I look at the body form more like a piece of art and am not so overwhelmed with a nice shape that I should lust after it. Immodesty is in the world everywhere and pertains to what is in the heart and the intentions of the one wearing the clothes and the one who sees them much more than the shape and how much skin is revealed.

Interesting about the Psychology study is that I just recently finished taking a class in that subject (got an “A” BTW) and that science’s agenda is to explain every action a human has through evolution and the natural physical developments in our species that obtained to our development and use that to explain why we make our choices. BIG PROBLEM is that the spiritual side of things that also drive a human’s responses are beyond their scientific abilities to test and evaluate the why and how a person will react in a certain way, so they simply ignore that part as if it doesn’t exist..

I don’t know how spiritually mature you require a potential mate to already be or if you are willing to train. LOL But really, everywhere I go I find the majority of people will say they believe in God but the object of their faith is focused on the wrong things, usually through ignorance and not having a relationship with Him through the Word. I find a lot of these people are open to discussing their beliefs and are like sponges when I explain things to them and often end up asking me if I’m a pastor. I say, no, I just study theology and read my Bible everyday and explain why that is important to me, and them, and how these truths about God changed my life’s perspective on things. Sometimes these people turn out to be like puppies that would follow me around everywhere to talk some more if I let them or encouraged them to, but being they are often female it wouldn’t be a good thing if they were trying to follow me home. I’m married and the wife wouldn’t like that. The thing is, you don’t have to bring them into your home, you can put them out in the back yard for a while and see if they are growing into a pure breed before you decide that you might actually want to keep one. ;)

:laugh:

13. Repent-or-Burn

"To each his own I guess, but it wouldn’t be dangerous along those lines for me. Personally, I look at the body form more like a piece of art and am not so overwhelmed with a nice shape that I should lust after it."

That's good.

"much more than the shape and how much skin is revealed."

1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

"I don’t know how spiritually mature you require a potential mate to already be or if you are willing to train. LOL But really, everywhere I go I find the majority of people will say they believe in God but the object of their faith is focused on the wrong things, usually through ignorance and not having a relationship with Him through the Word"

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

14. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might want to search some treads on immodest apparel and see what some have to say about culture.

PS. I know every verse you posted by heart and nothing I said goes against them.

15. Repent-or-Burn

Immodest... Long, (as I understand) by the preposition(apo?) attached to the stem word adding emphasis.

Correct me if wrong.

I lost my greek chart. :(

#35 Repent-or-Burn, Oct 22, 2009
  16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is what in modest is often percieved as a cultural reflection. It is the intents in the heart that define the emotion and discernment.

17. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, do you see why not following the Psychology lesson might be a good idea. Romans 12:2

18. Repent-or-Burn

"The point is what in modest is often percieved as a cultural reflection. It is the intents in the heart that define the emotion and discernment."

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

19. Repent-or-Burn

They cannot have spiritual discernment, for they are still blinded without the spirit. You must not expect any thing of the sort from them..

I have a book on body language, that is very much the same. The immediate reasons why we do such and such are good, fear etc. The evolutionary reasons are absolutely moronic.

#39 Repent-or-Burn, Oct 22, 2009
  20. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you're missing my points, might need to read a liitle more closely, but nice talking to you and good luck. BTW, that's the same way I'd handle my search.

Peace