1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sinless Perfection

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Craigbythesea,
    You are correct that we have been cleansed from all sin past, present and future. The bible clearly states that Christ died for the sin of the world. It doesn't mean that you don't sin. It means that your sins past present and future are paid for. It doesn't give us a license to go and sin willingly. If you are honest with yourself and truly try to live sinlessly you will admit that you sin almost every day by mistake or just not crossing all your Ts' and dotting all your Is'.

But do not sit there and tell the rest of us that you do not sin. You are only showing your complete lack of knowledge concerning the scriptures.

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

That is exactly right [​IMG] ! But I am NOT a Jew, and I have never been one, so why in the world would I try to live sinlessly :confused: ? That is precisely what the Jew in Romans 7:14-25 was trying to do, and look where it got him :eek: !

However, Jesus promised to free us from sin [​IMG] ,

John 8:31. Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
    2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
    3. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
    4. so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

And Paul bore witness that Jesus did so :cool: ,

1. Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
    2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
    3. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
    4. so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

The Law has no power to save us, indeed the Law is the very power of sin! (1 Cor. 15:56). But “what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,”

I have not done so, and I have no intention of doing so! [​IMG]

I am posting what the Bible says, and the last time I looked, which was only a few seconds ago, CBTS is not there anywhere. [​IMG]

1 Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
    10. nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
    11. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Heb. 10:26. For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
    27. but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

As for me and my house, we choose to believe the Bible over the words of the naysayers on this message board.

[​IMG]

3. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Bartholomew

Bartholomew New Member

Craig, may I ask you a question? I have read with interest many of your posts and wondered what your answer to the question at the start of the thread is? Do you believe it is possible for a Christian to live a sinless, perfect life?

Many thanks (this question is not a trap),

Bartholomew [​IMG]