1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Six month review

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jul 26, 2009.

?
  1. I voted for BO and I am pleased with the job he has done

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. I voted for BO and I am NOT pleased with the job he has done

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I voted for someone other than BO but I am pleased

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I voted for someone other than BO and I am NOT pleased

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  5. I did not vote, and I am pleased

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I did not vote and I am NOT pleased

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. its a toss up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I do not live in the USA and I think BO has done a good job

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I do not live in the USA and I think BO has NOT done a good job

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other Answer

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    BO has now been in office for six months now,

Do you think BO has done a better job, a worse job, or the job you expected him to do?

Please vote in the poll.

If you did not vote, please tell us - if possible

Salty

#1 Salty, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
  2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Obama is a total failure. I have the feeling, perhaps it is only hope, that he will resign from office before the 4 years are up. But then we would have motor mouth Joe.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I voted for someone other than Obama, but I am pleased with what he is doing so far. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to vote for him in 2012.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

I knew the "learning curve" would be high...after all, the man's biggest job was a few months at senator, and "community organizer."

I've been surprised, though, at some of his public relations gaffes. The "stupid police" comment, for example. And, to have talked of transparency and accountability, he has shown little of either. (see "planted questions in press corps" and "non-apology to Cambridge police" for examples).

With regard to policy...he's right about where I expected.

With regard to public opinion...ditto. His ideas don't exactly spur economic recovery, and folks are getting weary.

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Overall a good job, but I don't like how he is including the insurance companies in his health care solution, his continuation of the intermingling of church & state, and his change of position on transparency and open government, among others. But looking at the big picture, I am pleased. I do have concern about the deficits being run up by both the last and current President. Unless something changes dramatically, he will have my vote in 2012.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The expectations are the main thing, aren't they? My expectations for a junior senator turned President were pretty low to start. That said, he's exceeded my expectations, but not by much.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

BO hasn't done "diddley" and will not do "diddley" to advance the United States citizen "republic" interests-----its all just a democratic party "pipedream" and I wonder just how long the American public will go on playing the role of Rip Van Winkle

The German people went to sleep in 1933 under the watchful eye of their brand new demigod and woke up in 1939 to a war it took the world to stop!!

8. billwald

billwald New Member

He has done no worse than a continuation of the Bush administration would have done. Or has it been a 6 month extension of the Bush Administration?

9. targus

targus New Member

Obama is a continuation of many Bush policies however at a much greater scale and intensity.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

What christian can be pleased with the furtherance of abortion (stabbing babies the head was not legal before he took office), that babies are not persons,or that homosexuality is not immoral, or killing off old people cutting out their medical care, spending so much money we can never pay for it, raising taxes not just for us, but for our grandchildren so high they can never live a decent life and take care of themselves and their families. How can any christian be pleased with this while calling on the name of Christ?

11. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

It is amazing how things get after the election.