1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SKULL & BONES----- Bush & Kerry

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Monergist, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Monergist

Monergist New Member

I can't speak for Jim, but the only thing I expect to say is-----

"Don't blame me, I voted for Peroutka!"

[​IMG]

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

If it's so secret and nobody knows what's doin', how can we know it's wrong? </font>[/QUOTE]There is lot's of information about this secret society. It has been covered by the major news media, there are books, magazine articles and web sites about it. There was even a movie made about it back in 2000.

We don't know everything that happens in other secret occult groups, but that doesn't mean we should simply ignore them.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I will be getting a "Don't blame me, I voted for Peroutka!" bumper sticker to replace the Peroutka2004 one on my car. [​IMG]

4. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I don't know anything about the Bones group, but I would like to know if Mongerist is prepared to affirm that George Bush is active in this. Otherwise, his post is deceptive and un-Christian in itself.

I don't know one way or the other if the President is involved or what the club's practice consists of. I'd like to know.

Monergist, what's up?

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

There is nothing deceptive about the post. Both Bush and Kerry have been asked about the Skull and Bones in the past, but they simply say it's a secret that they can not discuss. This would lead one to believe that they are still members of this secret occultic society. If it were simply a crazy drinking club from college they should say so. They know that this group has lot's of power and lot's of powerfull members.

The information is available, I'm sure you have no real interest in educating yourslef on this group. It would be counterproductive to your supporting one of it's members.

6. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Just what was the point? Can you explain it? Or is it logically indefensible?

As to what I will talk about after the election, my head is not empty, contrary to what you might think. If Bush is re-elected, one thing I will talk about are his errant policies. But if Kerry is elected and implements the same policies, I won't have to, because you will.

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

My point is.... If Petrouka were an Eagle Scout and supported the Boy Scouts of America or gave money to the YWCA, who has Planned Parenthood in their buildings, would those who are anti Bush or Kerry be as quick to point out those associations?

Now I have NO idea is Petrouka was EVER even a Cub Scout but I think we're picking at straws now trying to sway votes.

Since we don't know exactly what is involved in this group, we should remain silent. To imply something we don't know is misleading.

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Have you ever posted on any BB topic but politics? Just curious. [​IMG]

9. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Allow me to clarify. I feel it's deceptive to let on that George W. is a member of Bones without that knowledge. Mongerist says the president needs to repent, etc. Does he have evidence that the President actively involved with this group and what is the group all about?

You're right. I have no interest. That is, unless you can tell me without a doubt that George W. is actively involved with this club. If he is proven to be, then I would take special interest in finding out what the group is all about.

10. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

But there is lot's of information available about this group and what goes on. Should we remain silent about other occultic groups in America, because we don't know 100% of what goes on?

Skull and Bones memberships are lifetime. President Bush has tapped five fellow Bonesmen to join his administration. Most recently, he selected William Donaldson, Skull and Bones 1953, the head of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Like the President, he's taken the Bones oath of silence.

I am curious as to what the Christian voters response would be if only Kerry were a member of this occultic secret society and not Bush. Would there be a double standard? Do we remain silent simply because Bush is a member?

11. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I would act on knowledge, not speculation.

12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Who cares??? This is a bunch more nonsense from people who don't know what they are talking about. Don't you guys get tired of this kind of foolishness?

13. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

14. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto Pastor Larry!

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well said, Pastor Larry

16. Pennsylvania Jim

I spend most of my time in the politics threads. It's where I'm most competent to discuss, although that doesn't count for much sometimes, because some folks, instead of considering a point of view, just attack the poster. Maybe I'm guilty of that, but hopefully not for the most part.

I have an interest, and have posted occasionally on the topics of Calvanism vs. Arminianism, Bible translations, music, and probably a few others. I like games, but real ones, not the kind on the BB. [​IMG]

17. Pennsylvania Jim

No. But if he were on the staff of Planned Parenthood (like being a member) of S&B) I would. Have you ever seen me criticize anyone for association with the Boy Scouts or the YMCA, or other similar civic organizations?

The Church of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) is highly secretive at higher levels. There is only speculation as to their plans, notives, and actions. Does that mean that you will not criticize them?

Or are you simply attempting to silence legitimate questions about GW Bush?

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Why, no! What a question!

However, I don't think this particular topic belongs here in the Politics forum - as both candidates are Bonesmen, it's a wash as an election issue.

Diane, when the election is over, some of us will talk about how the president is running the country into the ground, while the others will say what a wonderful man is in office.

19. Monergist

Monergist New Member

Gershom, I did not single out President Bush; rather I pointed out that both men to repent. Why do you not make this distinction? If I have unfairly critized George Bush, should you not also be upset that I have unfairly criticized John Kerry?

I'm not really sure that it matters whether or not he is still involved. All I would like to hear is that he has renounced his involvement. As Christians, we are called to do that sort of thing. I Cor. 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

20. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Kerry is a member.

The members are suppose to help each other advance in whatever field they are involved. I wonder what they are doing now that two of the members are pitted against each other!?