1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SkyAngel Satellite system

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by TomVols, May 24, 2002.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Do any of you have this Christian TV satellite system? Do you like it?

2. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

We have it and like it a lot.

We bought their lifetime offer for $399.

I would recommend to everyone.

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Agreed. A wide variety of good programming, much of which I like. Just a suggestion...I never buy or join on a "lifetime member" basis, it takes away the incentive to keep you happy as a customer.

An example...some years ago when the NRA began to compromise, some of us tried to affect their policies with the threat of quitting (which many did). Some of my friends who are life members regretted it (life membership), one of them said "the only way I can quit is to die". :D :D :D

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Is there much more than just the charismatic-pentecostal stuff? I'm looking for solid meat.

What's this about a lifetime deal?

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Well for solid meat you'll have to go...gee, I dunno nowadays.

We like it for Southern Gospel music, one video and one audio channel. Some good childrens shows. A little bit of news and sports not found on network TV. Some neat stuff like old B&W reruns. Some surprisingly good things from, believe it or not, Seventh Day Adventists.

Then there is the downside, a lot of circus stuff like Benny Hinn etc. and a "Christian" rock channel that is in my opinion downright satanic at times. I complained but they don't care/understand.

So, like with everything else you have to be careful both for yourself and for any kids that are around.

At $9.00 per month I find it worthwhile, and if I get tired of it I can re-point the dish and sign up for the regular Dish-Net stuff.