1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Smartphone advice

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by rbell, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, I'm ticked off and tired of bad service and dishonest reps.

AT&T in Prattville, AL, has managed to convince stupid ol' me to buy two pieces of absolute junk, IMVHO:

• Junk item 1: An HTC Tilt 2 "smart" phone (not so much). Froze like crazy...had to take the silly thing apart several times and "reboot." (froze 5 times in the first 10 days; I missed 15 or so calls when we had delays on the way back from a mission trip. Not good)
    • Junk item 2: HTC Aria. This droid-phone may be good for some things...but if you rely on Outlook, you're sunk. It's syncing program (HTC Sync) is terrible. It doesn't work, times out, won't sync, and when on the rare occasions it does, will likely duplicate all items in your Outlook (I'm running 2007, and XP, all updated). I've run all options, updates, combinations, and listened to forum advice...it's successfully synced once; and even then, it duplicated everything. I have over four thousand duplicates to get rid of!!! (Manually, I might add).
    Here's the deal, and I need help: I want a phone that does a GREAT job of syncing with my MS Outlook (if possible, all mail folders...definitely inbox, calendar, contacts, and if possible tasks & notes). Outside of that, a working phone, and internet connectivity. I'll even sacrifice a bit on connection speed, as long as the doggone thing will WORK!!!

Sorry gang, I'm tired, and they want to hit me with another $35 charge to return a phone that they basically lied about its capabilities...but I guess I'll have to.

Any suggestions for a replacement?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have the Blackberry bold. Never had an ounce of problem with it. Also go into a AT&T store and play with different models. See what their capabilities are.

#2 Revmitchell, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
  3. rbell

rbell Active Member

So, RM, do you use outlook on your computer? If so, how's the "syncing" between the two?

If you do use outlook...what is synced? (calendar, email, contacts, tasks, etc.)