1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Snake Handling Service/ Church: Ever been to one?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Vasco, May 10, 2006.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Frozen in Fear, maybe? [​IMG]

2. Vasco

Vasco New Member

snakes are actually a phobia of mine.. i mean like big time.. you know how people say you need to face your fears to overcome them, well a friend of mine has a pet albino python, and shes always saying i could hold it, pet it, and i could overcome the fear, and from that conversation i told her about the snake handling churches i saw on tv back in the states, which is what led to the post..

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

There went predestination out the door, the Calvinist were outrunning everyone else. They all became free-willers real quick. Sorry, I just couldn't resist. (weakness of the flesh) [​IMG] [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

That's OK...

And, here I thought you were too straight laced for humor! :D

Love You bro!

Hey, if these snake handlers were *really* Scriptural and *really* Spiritual they'd pick up the snakes by their tails and they'd become staves!

(Not sure it would be the snakes or the handlers, though. That became staves...)

SMM

5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

There was a preacher in North Carolina who was running 'shine. He hid it under the snake pen. The FBI was amused to find out that he had had all the snakes defanged.

That being said, poisionous snakes in the US aren't deadly poisonous (except for the coral snake), unless it's a really big snake or a very small person (although, you might wish you were dead).