1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Snow Day! Plans?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

We have a kiddo who has a "tab" for damages he's caused. When we can find it, we give him work to do to pay it off.

So our small path to the car is nice an clear. No shovel needed. :thumbsup: He chose to stand there and kick it with his boots while looking forlorn instead of asking for something to use. (a clear attempt to try to get out of it by being pitiful) We decided to let him do it that way since it wasn't hurting us and kept him busy! His sister had to do half of it but she used a garden claw and a small shovel, got it done in just a few minutes, and finished a cup of cocoa with whipped cream on top while her brother was still trying to get the first 1/4 of his area done.

Funny kids! The other ones decided to clean off the back patio by turning it all into a snow person which exploded later. Pretty literally! I'm not sure how because nobody was there, although I'm wondering if the little can of fuel next to it played a part. HMMMMMMM

Definitely my kids...

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are right on both counts. One, the water is way too shallow for most sailboats. Two, I don't think you can rent them. One of the leaders owns one of houses.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

We're getting snow here in Nashville as I write this. It's been snowing for a few hours, so I assume this means school's will close tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I really and truly thought that there would be no snow days once we moved here in '08. My kids have had more days off from school due to snow this year than they did in all the years we lived in Illinois.

4. mets65

mets65 New Member

We may get snow later this week. North Carolina has the strangest climate, it can be 65 one day then snowing the next.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Sounds like out here. It was in the seventies one day, a couple days later there was an ice storm and wind chills in the single digits and under with schools shut down Tuesday through Friday last week.
    They went to school Monday and Tuedsay this week. Yesterday it was 1 degree. Snow day yesterday and today, but it'll be in the high 50's this weekend and hit 70 something Wednesday.

It really seems to mess with people's health.