1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Snow Vacation

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Su Wei, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's a good snow vacation for a family with young kids who haven't seen snow in all their lives?

Would love to hear your suggestions! Thank you! [​IMG]

2. jet11

jet11 Member

Sue,

Great minds think alike. I asked the same question in a post called Family Ski Vacations. There have been some wonderful responses that I am looking into.

3. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi jet11, i know you started that topic but i was afraid i'd "hijack" it by changing it coz i'm not sure about skiing, see, but just snow.
    Is there such a thing? Are there places we could go just to enjoy snow and simple sledding or something?

4. covenant

covenant New Member

Hi,

We have a camp in central Maine that we use more in the winter for snowmobiling that we use it in the summer. It is awsome up here in the winter. Please, please come up. We would be happy to take anyone around the area.

There is a place a couple miles from us that has housekeeping camps for rent where you can also rent a snowmobile. I warn you that it is expensive though. Definately worth it if you can scrape up the money though.

5. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    thank you so much! i don't rightly know what to make of the offer? for starters, What's a camp?

6. covenant

covenant New Member

Su,

A camp? In the USA, "a camp" is a vacation house, usually at the edge of a lake, on a mountain or just out in a quiet remote location. It is usually in a not so populated area that one goes to in order to get away from the stress of the working world.

A "camp" may have or may not have the conveniences of electricity, flush toilets, or heat because most are summer vacation homes that are used for a few months out of the year.

It is "similar" to a home that one might have alonside the ocean. Here we call those "cottages" mostly.

We use our "camp" (which is really a year-round home) in the winter because our favorite sport is snowmobiling. Snowmobiling is a major sport in central Maine and is a lot of fun.

7. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Convenant... Maine is soooooo far away.... :(
    But i'll definately call on you if i'm EVER in the vicinity.... never say never! ;)

I took a look at New England on the net and it really is beautiful.... What a nice place to live. [​IMG]

Thank you once again for your kind offer! [​IMG]

8. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Oh, yeah, great place to live. I grew up in Maine.

We used to make snow castles and tunnels and dragons . . . all kind o' stuff.

I recommend finding snow and diving in. [​IMG]

9. covenant

covenant New Member

Margo,

Don't get much snow in South Carolina!

[​IMG]

10. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

I know, it's rough. I miss Maine like all get out. Somethin' pretty crummy about the weather here. :rolleyes:

11. covenant

covenant New Member

Do you ever get up to Maine?

12. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Well, I just moved down here in November. I spent 4 years in college down here and got to go home on vacations. Now I have to get used to being here almost all year.

I'd like to move back up to new england eventually, Lord willing.