1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So Do Chrsitains have Now Dual natures, or JUST A Single nature?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 12, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Once we have received Christ, the Holy Spirit comes to indwell us...

Are we at that point beings with a dual nature, both our original sinful nature with new nature in Christ, or did 'replace out" our old sinful nature with the new nature "In Christ" ?

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    one nature
    [QUOTE6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

][/QUOTE]

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I understand the scripture, but there's still this nagging question. If we now have only one nature, why is it that we continue to sin?

And why did Paul complain about the "war in his members" where he did things he didn't want to do and didn't do things he knew he ought to do?

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and that is why sin will never be [eternally] imputed to us. However, we as redeemed, born from above children are still carrying that old dead body around with us throughout this temporal realm. We can and DO sow to the flesh.

5. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

Amen!!!

(Gal 5:17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

What he said :)

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes...exactly their is remaining corruption,the puritans called it the motions of sin

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I love it when brothers can get along & talk scripture.....so rare in here anyway!

Yes, I still carry my sin nature with me & I do backslide & then I pay dearly for it. But more & more I am finding that I dont want to. "Conscience" perhaps.....must be it, Ive grown a "Conscience"!:smilewinkgrin:

But Scripture doesnt call it that though, does it?