1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So how’s the economy?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 15, 2019.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sales jobs are typically a base salary plus commission. This is common. So, a $30K base and potential for commission is common for entry level sales jobs for people with no track record.

Go on Indeed and look at anything with "engineer" in the job title. Anything with "software" in the title.

2. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did .... I’m a technical sales engineer. 45-52k

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally wrong. Obviously, having a gold standard does not solve all economic difficulties but it is better than any other system, just as having a constitution- based democratic republic doesn't solve all political problems but it is better than any other system. And deviating from either(and we have from both) has consequences.

For anyone interested in an in depth look at this subject:

Gold: the Monetary Polaris - https://newworldeconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/GTMPed3ebook.pdf

#24 KenH, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's wrong?

There is not a limited supply of gold?
    There is not an increasing population?
    There is not more and more products and services to buy?

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's all covered in Nathan Lewis' book that is available for free at the link I provided. I think Lewis' book is the definitive case for a modern gold standard. It is well worth the read for anyone who is interested in an in depth study on this subject.

Are we going to a gold standard in any time soon? Nope. No more than the Congress and the presidency are going to stay within the confines of the U.S. Constitution any time soon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're looking to change careers at 62, you got other problems than that chart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like what?

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me thinks perhaps you need a better news source to guide your thinking...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    News source....:Laugh

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When my wife got sick I put my faith in God knowing that trial was in his hands and He would give me answers either way.

We are both able bodied and willing to work. Why should we be looked at as problematic? Oh you of little faith, here are a few verses... put your faith in Him.

Verses Proving: God Will Provide

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. (Heb. 11:6)

I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. (Psalms 81:10)

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. (Ps. 84:11)

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (Mt. 6:33)

The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked. (Prov. 10:3)

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? (Ro. 8:32)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! (Eph. 3:20)

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Ps. 18:2)

Abraham said, “God will provide for himself the lamb for a burnt offering, my son.” So they went both of them together. (Gen. 22:8)

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Cor. 12:9)

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer. 29:11)

Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. (Gen. 9:3)

The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. (Ps. 34:10)

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” (Mt. 21:22)

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. (Jo. 15:6)

Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. (Mal. 3:10)

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. ... (Mt. 6:25-34)

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. (Mt. 7:7-8)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. (Eph. 3:16-17)

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. (Jo. 14:13-14)

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7)

And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. (1 John 3:22)

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. (Jo. 14:26)

But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. (2 Pet. 3:13)

The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season. You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing. (Ps. 145:15-16)

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Cor. 9:8)

For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. (Psalm 107:9)

So “problems!” I think not, not while I live under the blessings of my gracious Lord.

#33 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  14. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump may be in political trouble and the popular vote may look much like 2016. A lot of people don't like him because he was a playboy. To be consistent, Kamala Harris should be disqualified by the Democrats for her rise to the top due to an affair with the already married Willie Brown. Also, Trump has had problems getting things through Congress as the Democrats no longer have a moderate wing that is free to cooperate with a national agenda. Secondly, suburban women want a big welfare state because they think that it will ensure that they are able to avoid the crime wave in the big cities by buying off the lower class. No one is concerned about addressing our economic problems of excessive spending on all levels. Right now it looks like a Biden-Warren ticket for the Democrats, which should be sufficient to hold most of the blue states. No one minds Biden's antics with women and no one minds Warren's lies such as in Ferguson Michael Brown was shot in cold blood no matter what the DOJ ruling was about how Brown tried to take the policeman's gun and kill the policeman. I still think that the Democrats could have waited until next year to start the campaign.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is the problem that concerns me as a fiscal conservative...

“ No one is concerned about addressing our economic problems of excessive spending on all levels”

Now that is problematic!