1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So, if women are not supposed to preach.................

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by n/a, Oct 12, 2004.

1. n/a

n/a New Member

I'll ask this question once more.........

If Joyce Meyer (for example) delivered a message, then gave an invitation......

And a person (after hearing the message and invitation) opened their heart to Jesus and asked Him to come in.........

Is that person, not REALLY saved?

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

A person salvation is not determined on the speaker that they hear the message from. Only God can give a person salvation. He can use anyone or anything to bring that about. That does not mean that a women is biblically qualified to be a pastor (which if I am reading right is the real issue of this thread)

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Bro Tony

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Why wouldn't they be saved? God word is ineffective unless it's spoken by someone or something YOU approve of?
    Gina

(YOU intended to mean everyone who would say no)

4. n/a

n/a New Member

I used Meyer only as an example.

5. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Obviously a person's salvation is based on the committment he/makes to Christ and nothing else.

6. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen!

[​IMG]

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The fact that some are disobedient does not mean that God's word doesn't work from them. God even used a donkey to accomplish his will.

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

But is she saved, Craig? If she is disobeying a biblical commandment, can she be a real Christian?

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What about Peter who denied Christ three times and cut off a man's ear?

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I
    Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

II
    Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image…
    or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

III
    Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain…
    for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

IV
    Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy…
    Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.

V
    Honour thy father and thy mother…
    that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

VI
    Thou shalt not kill.

VII
    Thou shalt not commit adultery.

VIII
    Thou shalt not steal.

IX
    Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

X
    Thou shalt not covet…
    thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Thank the Lord our salvation doesn't depend on us not breaking any of God's commandments and that even a sinner like me can lead a lost person to Jesus!

Diane

11. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Bro Tony!

12. Charles Meadows

James,

You're not actually suggesting that a Christian woman who "preached" or gave an invitation after a speech is unsaved because of this are you?

13. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

If Osama reads John 3:16 it is still true. It is the message that God uses to bring salvation to us, it is not the messenger. If Osama reads John 3:16 it is still true but Osama is still not a good messenger.

14. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Where in the Bible did someone ask (I believe they asked Paul) about non-believers preaching and Paul told them that as long as they were preaching the gospel, it didn't matter? Something to this effect. I don't have my Bible where I can read it.

15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

If the person hears the true gospel and believes in the true Jesus, yes, that person is saved. In this case, the true gospel would only be given by Joyce Meyer accidentally maybe and in spite of her twisted theology and heretical statements about Christ (that he had to go to hell to fight Satan in order to atone for sins). However, if the person giving the message (Joyce Meyer or anyone) is not giving the true gospel or preaching the true Jesus, then it's not the real Jesus someone is believing in.

16. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

We come back to the same place as we were in all the other threads on this subject. Nomenclature or semantics. A woman preaching as contrasted against a woman pastoring. I believe that every born again believer has the commandment to preach or proclaim the Good News. Women included; praise the Lord. There are sure enough lost to keep ALL of us busy!
    WallyGator

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I don't know what you mean by this statement. I know that Paul admonished us not to let a woman teach or have authority over a man. I think Joyce Meyers falls into this category, although I'm sure she has rationalized this in her own mind.

No, I would not say she is not saved. I would never assume someone was not saved no matter how horrible a person was sinning. I think that the whole Calvinist/Arminian debate over exactly how a sinner is not saved is rediculous. I just wanted to know if this was bad enough to get her unsaved, or if the line was further down the road for Mrs. Meyers.

18. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

If Osama believes it, he will be raised up on the last day.

19. Charles Meadows

"I just wanted to know if this was bad enough to get her unsaved, or if the line was further down the road for Mrs. Meyers."

While I completely agree that the pastoral role was intended to be male this has nothing to do with salvation. Holding a more liberal view on this or that point cannot inactivate the blood.