1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So much in just four words, "Do not touch Me"?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now I really do have a second $1000 I'll bank electronically this day to Ed Sutton - or any other human being for that matter - if he can show in "Jn. 20:11-17", or within "the time of the encounter with Mary early on that ... morning", Jesus' "resurrection ".

For just seconds before, Mary leant over and looked into the grave and saw ... two angels. Then turning around, seeing Jesus for the gardener, asked Him". Meanwhile - actually, long before, John and Peter had seen the linen of the deceased folded in the tomb. But He rose, within "the time of the encounter with Mary early on that ... morning"? The 'Langauge Cop' promoted Investigator Herlock Sholmes!

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Brother Bob:
    "God has that atonement now and in order for anyone to receive it, they must believe. For future generations to be able to receive that atonement, the Father must have it,"

GE:
    Exactly! Thank you, Brother Bob! Thank You!!!
    The Father has it!!! Where, when, and how, did He get it, is our present question, am I right? Then here is your answer: Read Hebrews 5:5 (just one of many Scriptures), "Christ glorified!" How, when, and where, and by Whom, 'glorified'? Read: "He - the Father - that saith unto Him, Thou art my Son, TODAY, have I begotten Thee."

Which is that, "Today"? The very same 'Today' of chapter 4, "Today, If You hear My Voice" - the 'Today' when Christ, in Person, in the flesh, in fact in death and from death, heard the Voice of the Father, who called Him from the dead: ON, Resurrection-Day -- that is which 'Today'. Therefore, it is Christ Glorified in, with and through Resurrection from the dead. Here is the 'Today' of verse 5!! And in and through and with Christ Glorified, the Father 'got' that Atonement Finished, Perfected, and since then as before through faith by grace the saved are redeemed by that Atonement Jesus perfected in his being raised from the dead.

(To some this is nauseous; to me it is Life and Joy in the Lord. For me, this is reason to feast, eating and drinking of Christ, Sabbath's Feast; and I think that, actually, is why to some this is nauseous.)

#22 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2008
  3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Peace to you, as well. I do not disagree with the gist of what you are attempting to present, in this particular post, FTR.

Ed

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

#24 EdSutton, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2008
  5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Well, I've been wrong before, and surely will be again, if the Lord allows me even one more day on this earth. Gotta' run, for my nephew just called for me.

Ed