1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So what if abortion ends life?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...Here’s the complicated reality in which we live: All life is not equal. That’s a difficult thing for liberals like me to talk about, lest we wind up looking like death-panel-loving, kill-your-grandma-and-your-precious-baby storm troopers. Yet a fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it resides. She’s the boss. Her life and what is right for her circumstances and her health should automatically trump the rights of the non-autonomous entity inside of her. Always.

When we on the pro-choice side get cagey around the life question, it makes us illogically contradictory. I have friends who have referred to their abortions in terms of “scraping out a bunch of cells” and then a few years later were exultant over the pregnancies that they unhesitatingly described in terms of “the baby” and “this kid.” I know women who have been relieved at their abortions and grieved over their miscarriages. Why can’t we agree that how they felt about their pregnancies was vastly different, but that it’s pretty silly to pretend that what was growing inside of them wasn’t the same? Fetuses aren’t selective like that. They don’t qualify as human life only if they’re intended to be born.

When we try to act like a pregnancy doesn’t involve human life, we wind up drawing stupid semantic lines in the sand – first trimester abortion vs. second trimester vs. late term, dancing around the issue trying to decide if there’s a single magic moment when a fetus becomes a person. Are you human only when you’re born? Only when you’re viable outside of the womb? Are you less of a human life when you look like a tadpole than when you can suck on your thumb?

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/23/so_what_if_abortion_ends_life/

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is a discussion on another board that I go on that is about abortion. It is mostly 20 year old unsaved women. The general consensus is that it is MY body and I can do with it what I want. Period. A child's life before it's born is not a priority - it is MY right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that comes before the rights of any unborn child. Period.

God help our world.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Ann,

That reminds me of the young woman that the DNC trotted out at their covention who demands taxpayers pay for her abortions and birth control. This country is in trouble.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least there is finally an honest liberal out there. He is sick in the head, but he is honest about the liberal abortion view.