1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So what is your answer?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 5, 2005.

?
  1. Yell

35.3%
  2. Hit something inanimate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hit people

17.6%
  4. Walk away, period.

19.6%
  5. Walk away til I calm down.

2.0%
  6. Count to ten and then deal with the issue

3.9%
  7. I leave and come back later.

2.0%
  8. I don't deal with the cause of my anger

7.8%
  9. I do deal with the cause of my anger.

11.8%
  10. other--please list.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Hard questions.

I need your opinions/stances.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

A few months ago our pastor had a sermon on anger. He talked about controlling anger, you control other emotions, why not anger. Next time you get angry, you don't ave to be, you are incontrol of your emotions,and you have the ability to just stop. (the long and short of it that si)
    So I did just what he said the next time I got angry, and it worked just as he told us it would. My anger was just gone. I didn't ignor it, I just handled it, then I was able to address the situation calmly.

Question #7, I haven't drank anything9alchol) since I was save(then it was half a beer, yuck, never could stand th taste).

Question #8 leaves out food as an addiction. So I had to vote no.

Which menas I had to vote no for #9 too.

That was a good poll, will be interested in the results.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I picked other on anger. I virtually never get angry. The few times I have, it has passed within seconds. I grew up in a very angry home.

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I struggle with being addicted to of all things Diet Coke. The Caffine seems to sucker me in. I am trying to switch to Diet Lemonade but surprise surprise that is never available in the Coke Machine or at the fridge in the local deli. I have no doubt that Coca Cola are well aware of what is in their products that is designed to be addictive, and products that are not so addictive are no doubt marketed less.

As for the pants issue, if I were to wear womens pants would that be alright? No becuase they are womans clothes and that would be cross dressing which is sinfull. Yet if a woman wears womens pants that is fine because that is what they are made for. Also pants can provide alot more modesty than an ankle length dress, despite what others may say. Being a male I have a fair idea about that! [​IMG]

5. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

Hi Saggy,
    On the addiction question you didnt have a spot for tobacco and I had to mark no. Might skew the results a bit. But one thing I'll never quit is....trying to quit. Once again you have a interesting poll going.

6. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, food needed to be included on the addiction section.

7. ralb

ralb New Member

What do you do when you are angry? I do deal with the cause of my anger.

Do you consider yourself confrontative? Let me clarify - I am learning to come out of the spineless insecure non-confrontational corner I grew up in. I grew up believing that everyone but me had the right to confront others and voice opinions and I was just supposed to sit in a corner drooling into a cup until someone wanted me for something. Some people don't much like the new me but I can look at myself in the mirror a lot easier these days.

The way we dress is important to God. I think our dress reflects who we are. I work in a very casual environment but I decided recently to dress a bit more nicely and it makes me feel better about myself and my work. It gives me (at least in my head) a little more credibility.

Women should wear dresses. Men should wear pants. Let me clarify - Genders should wear the clothing that is designed for them. I did however wear my husbands old jeans to work in the garden when I was pregnant.

Is it okay to raise your hands at church? Yes - I don't but sure go ahead

Do you visit chat rooms? No - the first time I ever got on the internet (AOL) I went directly to a chat room and the first exchange I witnessed was obscene. Have rarely been back since.

When was the last time you had an alcoholic drink? In the last week - last night as a matter of fact

Do you currently have an addiction? Other drugs - probably caffeine - nothing better than a quadruple caramel latte

Have you ever had an addiction? Used to "shop til I dropped" but realized how much money I was wasting. Don't much like shopping anymore, but enjoy Goodwill.

What is your relationship to your church right now? I don't attend regularly because my feelings have been hurt. I changed churches in the last year and have not "jumped in with both feet" at the new one because of my prior experience.

8. ralb

ralb New Member

I've learned over the years that anger does not always present itself in rage or open hostility. Some of the angriest people I know have never thrown a temper tantrum. They have simply learned to channel their anger into subtle manipulation; thinly veiled insults; pressure to conform others to their thinking, sometimes drawing others in to apply "peer pressure", when in fact you don't really regard your opponent as your peer; holding people who don't conform to our way of thinking at arms length, not openly rejecting them but not warmly or fully accepting them either; lording our positions (real or perceived) over others; maintaining an impenetrable air of superiority. I'm not talking about serious theological differences here and the necessity of confronting them in love, I'm talking about wounded pride, and simple differences of opinion, style or personal preferences.

We ALL get angry, more often than we want to admit. Let's call it what it is.

Responded to properly, anger is not always sin, either.

9. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

I agree that food needed to be included as an addiction. I know people who would never drink a beer, but see nothing wrong with overeating.

As for me, my addiction is Diet Coke.

10. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Overeating is just as serious as undereating.

11. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I'm addicted to the Baptist Board. [​IMG]