1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured So what SHOULD the CHRISTIAN response be to taking in 10,000 Syrian Refugees?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are not the only refugees. Are they to be responded to differently, or should some guy who boldly says what "we" should do .it be asked if he is doing it? Or are you afraid of hypocrisy becoming evident?

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...some of you bleeding hearts will just have to get over yourselves.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay attention to this Zaac:

[Video]

4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Qur'an doesn't say follow these teachings moderately or just be cool about it..., it says "Kill and be martyred and to fight the infidel until ALL religion is for allah."

...so yes, extremism is encouraged by all muslims. There is no middle for the followers of islam. .

5. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Benjamin, too many folks are in Denial Mode and for sure, de-nile ain't a river.

6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't usually talk about my home or family because it is, frankly, no ones business. However, my spirit is pressed to reply.

We are currently hosting a missionary family during their furlough but once they leave we have agreed to host a refugee family if that is a need.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  9. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I choose compassion over fear and the Bible over convenience. Being bold in Christ isn't always going to leave you in your comfort zone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AMEN!!!

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, they don't all pray five times a day. They're supposed to. But catholics and baptists are supposed to abstain from fornication, adultery, and drunkenness, too.

No, not all of their women are completely covered; only the devout. And while yes, there are still fanatical muslim men who would prefer their women clothed so only their eyes show, it wasn't until the Soviet war in the 80's and the subsequent Afghan civil war that allowed the Taliban to come into power and enact those laws. And the face of muslim women is changing; here's a few examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] (women Afghan police officers)

There are more, but that's enough for now. And don't forget: how many muslim women already in the US do you see wearing full burkhas?

I've lived and worked alongside muslims. Only met two devout ones that prayed five times a day. Worked with one that would show you which drawer he kept his bottle of Scotch in, if he trusted you. Met one that had absolutely no respect for imams, but still called himself muslim. Worked with one that was helping us because we were improving the infrastructure of his country, and he knew that not only did it make things better at that time, but that we would one day leave and he'd have the corner on the market for keeping that infrastructure working. For that reason, for helping us to make his country better, a sniper tried to kill him. Ended up shooting his daughter instead. She survived, but was horribly disfigured.

Now, the white South African that he worked for, who said he had to treat his Iraqi employees like little children and beat them? Him I had a problem with, and we discussed it.

I'm not trying to change your mind; nor do I have any illusions that I could do so. I simply want to offer a differing viewpoint for you to consider. I don't know anything about you, or your time with/among muslims; but your comments strike me as one who is regurgitating what "experts" have stated.

And consider this: while I agree some of these posters are soft-hearted, shouldn't we be concerned that perhaps, like Pharoah, maybe God has hardened ours?

IN MY OPINION, vet them as best we can. If we can't verify their authenticity or intentions, place them in "halfway houses/camps" with observation and frequent checks, until they can be vetted, prove their loyalty and trustworthiness, or we can't vet them and we ship them back.

For Zaac and others, I'm sorry for these muslim people that a minority has tarnished the world's--not just posters on Baptist Board, but the world's--ability to trust them. But we don't hold the blame for the lack of trust. Someone who looks just like them and espouses their same beliefs caused that lack of trust. The burden is not on the victims and targets to extend trust; the burden is on them to do what it takes to earn it back.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is an absurdity to "vet" them. It just can't be done.Think that through.

I say women and children and old people are okay to bring over. Anyone from 16-40 i.e. military age --don't let them in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Muslims are antichrist pure and simple. so why would I want a antichrist living in my home or my country.

14. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you could witness to them through words and the way you live your life and bring them to Christ. Pure and simple, that is what Christ's last words while on earth says.

15. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Don, that first picture you posted of the young woman in the red shawl..., you should see the picture of her 10 years later.

For sure, there are many individuals within the Muslim Community that do not hold their "religious" mandates near and dear to their hearts but in order to keep their heads atop their shoulders, they go through the motions. Needless to say those who have vacated the belief (within country) have taken their lives in their own hands and many have already died.

The problem is, how do the rest of us determine who is who without interviews, monitoring, tracking, etc. The other issue here is those individual nations "over there" need to fight for their own freedoms. Any coward can run. In combat retreating today allows to engage again tomorrow but cowardly retreating? No. These folks are just running.

I don't know or have an answer for all this mess short of it being God's plan and His will. I also know that way too many folks (even on this forum) appear quite holy and righteous when in fact they are merely hiding behind our Lord. I do not believe our Lord intended His followers to be wimps, to run in the face of danger but to be strong and straight forward. To resist evil.

News this morning of SIX Syrian's being caught last night coming into America via Mexico. Mexico? Yes indeed, Mexico. This nation MUST put up an effort to halt the mayhem that awaits us.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the Body of Christ? Mormons are antiChrist. Jews are antiChrist. Are you okay with them in your home or your country? The problem with this type of response again is that so many in the Body of Christ are strutting around as though what they have is THEIRS and not CHRIST'S.

JESUS help us !Notworthy

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This is subjective absurdity. I'm glad that so may of you know so much more about this vetting process than does the President of the United States and his circle of advisers.Rolleyes

18. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...our President? You mean Obozo? The Clown? The very one who claims there is no money for homeless veterans/Americans but has money for any and all refugees from Syria, who expect free food, free medical, free housing, free phones and a 7-11 Store? Our narcissist in Chief who has no past? Our Muslim in Chief who sat under a Pastor who asked God to "damn" America? ...you mean him? That guy?
    ...amazing.

19. ElenaP

ElenaP Member

You can not change a muslim man. They play by different rules and answer to a different authority. The women and children answer to the men. They have their secrets and keep their home life private.

Until the muslim community around the world takes a united stand against those inflicting terror, I sadly would not trust anyone of them.

• Like Like x 3
  20. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @ElenaP..., right on.

I have on my table a bowl of 10,000 M&M's. Ten of them are poison and cause immediate death. How many of you bleeding heart liberals are willing to grab a handful and wolf 'em down?

• Like Like x 1