1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured So what SHOULD the CHRISTIAN response be to taking in 10,000 Syrian Refugees?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Nov 18, 2015.

1. ElenaP

ElenaP Member

And I am one of those bleeding heart liberals. But we are talking about murderers here, murders in the name of their religion. Sometimes someone has to take a stand.

Political correctness has gone too far, and they have taken advantage of it. Once given an inch, they take another. There are parts of Paris and Europe that are ruled by sharia law - they do not follow their host country's laws, but instead police their own people according to their own religious laws.

They enter Europe and North America and demand religious freedom to keep their customs and dress, regardless if it goes against the host country's ways. But now enter their country as a visitor, and you will be forced to respect their Islamic laws, and fit in with how they do things. You will not be given your religious or cultural freedom on their territory.

They want world domination. The terrorists are the ones leading the way. Oh sure, others can say that is not true meaning of our religion, etc., etc., but the Quran tells them to murder the infidels. How can you argue with that.

Until the world's muslim community takes an active and defiant stand against the terrorists in their own religion, and makes a concerted public effort to separate themselves, denounce, and fight what is happening, then I simply wouldn't trust their intentions or motives.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ElenaP..., au-contraire..., you are NOT a bleeding heart liberal. Don't fool yourself. There are many issues that I myself assume a liberal position on but when it comes to the welfare of this Country, my family and the values I grew up with..., I am ultra-conservative and will openly fight for such.

I do hope the following picture copied correctly.
    Notice: Graphic.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....218275491583089.51546.100002019196882&type=3

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

If they come in it will be just ten thousand more that will be on welfare and food stamps.

4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @salzer mtn as posted on the bottom of page 2... "I have on my table a bowl of 10,000 M&M's. Ten of them are poison and cause immediate death. How many of you bleeding heart liberals are willing to grab a handful and wolf 'em down?"

Russia, Paris and now China have taken a stand against these rabid killers. America? We seem to have selective amnesia while the liberal talking heads wring their fingers.

Personally, I am of the opinion God's Word is very specific when it comes to dealing with heathens.

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many muzzlms have you witnessed to in the last week? the last month?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

When has doing the right thing ever not cost anything? I can't help but think that if you're in the United States, we've got more than a few things we can let go of so that ten thousand souls can have a chance at life ETERNAL and right now.

I say again, Christians should be begging The President to bring these 10,000 souls to us so that they may have a chance of hearing the Gospel and be saved.

If all we're thinking is there may be some terrorists n there or it's gonna cost us a little something, we may need to get our Christian priorities in order via Jesus.

7. salzer mtn

None I hope.

8. salzer mtn

The real reason the O want's Syrian refugees to come to America is his religion is there religion and another democrat base will be formed.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

We have a place here in metro Atlanta(Clarkston) where hundreds and hundreds of refugees from around the world have come and settled. The majority are Muslim. I meet with them about twice a month when I'm in town. And without fail as we discuss their faith as it compares to Christianity, the Gospel gets shared.

There's been about 750,000 refugees from all over the world including Syria settled into the United States and Georgia, and not a single act of terrorism from them.

Whatever vetting process they have used, seems to be working.

10. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got that right, salzer mtn. It's all about politics. I remember when Clinton with stroke of the pen mae over three million (as I recall) Citizens just prior to his second election as President.

So why didn't we invite the German refugees during WW II? Italian refugees? The South Korean's during that conflict? Vietnamese refugees? This country is only so big. There's no room for more.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, Christians have got to stop with all this making of decisions based upon their politics and dislike of Republicans or Democrats or liberals or conservatives.

Take the President out of the equation. Take the political parties out of the equation and what should be the response of CHRISTIANS?

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The world's Muslim community HAS taken a defiant stand against the terrorists in their own religion, and have been doing so for some time contrary to what the pundits on FOX News and conservative talk radio are telling the world.

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's such a laugh coming from you! And incidentally, is "discussing their faith" with them witnessing the gospel of Christ? At best it's a sales trick.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Just as sure as Americans die at a rate slower than Americans are having babies, there's room.

15. salzer mtn

Zaac, you are a democrat it's between the lines of about every post you make. So you of all people don't need to tell me how to make my decisions.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It was established a long time ago that some of you don't share your faith. And yes, discussing Their faith with them is part of getting to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You speak just like someone who, hasn't shared your faith much at all, let alone shared it with Muslims.

Only to folks who don't share their faith and think that they have any power over someone receiving as truth the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Folks who regularly share their faith know that you say what the Holy Spirit leads you to say and then you let the Holy Spirit work as only It can to convict hearts.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You can believe I'm a part of whatever party you wish. I've made it more than abundantly clear who I have voted for in past Presidential elections and it generally isn't the party nominee of either of the two major parties.

But that's just a red herring for you to justify your fleshly approach to what should be done in the Spirit.

So neither you nor any of the anti-Christ position naysayers have to receive it because of your fleshly pride.

All those who follow Christ have to do is look at His word and juxtapose it to the position the lot of you take.

Yet the lot of you think the world is in the position it's in because of the disobedience of gay people and folks who get abortions who are still lost. When the ball of moral decay and rampant disobedience is once again brought to the forefront by Christians who can't repent because they selfishly can't even admit their sin.

18. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberal Christians are those who put their philosophy before sound doctrine.

Those who support same sex marriages; abortion upon demand; living together prior to marriage; children out of wedlock along with a host of other liberal ideologies. These are personal philosophies for which we are warned about. "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." (Col 2:8)

There will be no perfect utopia in this world until the 1000 year Millennial Reign. That idea is merely to garner votes.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sounds like political conservatives too. The behavior has NOTHING to do with Christ as much as the confused try to make it so.

As well as those who support divorce after divorce; abortion on demand in secret, hating anyone outside the womb who doesn't hold their point of view. These too are personal philosophies for which we are warned.

Yep. Sounds like this has so called political liberals AND political conservatives covered.Thumbsup

20. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Col 2:8 has nothing to do with political conservatives