1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SoCal Muslims

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Dec 7, 2012.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

When many denominations endorse the slaughter of the unborn or "passing their children through the fire to Molech" as Scripture would say what can be wrong with cozying up to pagans?

http://www.pregnantpause.org/people/wherchur.htm

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the Great Info...

:applause::applause::applause:

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This May Solicit Some Real Spin and Ire Towards You...

Thanks for having the guts to post this.

I was raked over the coals, and carpet when I posted this, but I'll post it in support of your OP - http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.ph...ight-wing-extremists-for-hosting-mpac/0019538
    I contend that to participate in this kind of conference is to be on the cusp of violating the intent of Paul's warning to NOT be unequally yoked. That does not mean RW or anyone else [Christians named in article] are supporting worldwide religion. I only show this post to say that in my heart, I can't, in good consciousness, attend such a meeting.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This ain't no cusp issue. You're going to allow false god worshipers to take up shop in God's house? (smh) Absolutely crazy.

But then again, this looks no worse than Christians seemingly yoking themselves to a Mormon for political purposes.

And the world isn't going to view it as being much different.

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I Used "Cusp!"

...because unlike you, I did not want to draw the ire of others. I've been accused of being against the ecumenical thing on another post, and my words have been misrepresented, so I tried to be a little PC in approaching the EM.

When I used "cusp" what I meant was, to do what is mentioned in this news article, puts the believer at no less than the "cusp" of being uneequally yoked, and it is a sin to be unequally yoked. It is, pure and simple, being unequally yoked to sit down and fellowship, or teach at these ecumenical conferences, and we both know that. However, I didn't feel like being torn apart for sharing what I believe. Sometimes, it's just easier to let those who believe differently about the ecumenical thing, to do what they want. God will take care of teaching them when the time comes. :smilewinkgrin:

#6 righteousdude2, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
  7. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

We are doing a Sunday School lesson in Hosea tomorrow and it's about the spiritual adultry the Israelites played with Baal worship. I see this as the same thing, playing around with Islam.

8. OldRegular

You are so right but that is what liberal "Christianity" has been doing for years. However, this time they are sticking their foolish head into the lion's mouth! Or Worse!

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I simply don't mind drawing the ire of others for speaking God's truth. Ain't no need to accuse me of being against the ecumenical thing because I fully admit to being against ecumenicalism that goes against God's word.

You don't EVER yoke with that which is against Christ.

I understand. But you did it because you didn't feel like being torn apart, not because it was the right thing to do. That's what's gotten the church in trouble.

Preach the word. It doesn't matter if the world or other Christians disagree with it. Preach the word. Be pleasing to God if that offends everyone else, oh well. :laugh:

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tact -vs- Attack....

...there is a difference between attacking another, and being tactful. As far as I am concerned, I don't come out an attack another believer, not because I don't believe, one way or the other, but because I try to wrap my thoughts in love.
    You have your way, and I have mine. My grammy always said, "Paul, you can more flies with honey than you can with vinegar!" What I assume she means is, you can get what you want done better with sweetness/kindness rather than with a caustic attitude!

We have two different approaches to the truth, but I'm sure we both accomplish the same results. I know I do! I don't need to ruffle feathers as I'm sure God on judgment day will do that when He tells the multitudes, they were wrong and heading back south for eternity. :laugh:

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    from the article:
    ....what better way than to appear all friendly and buddy-buddy with local churches.
    They are not simply trying to appear thus, but to Islam every act is an opportunity to show off.
    Former Islamists will tell you that this is symbolic of conquest of, or imminent victory over, a foe.
    Like the attempt to construct a Mosque near ground zero in New York.
    They are enemies of Christianity, and every other faith, as much as they are sworn enemies of Israel and Zionism.
    Their purpose, whether they admit it or not, is to overrun the entire world with Islam, by hook or by crook, by diplomacy or by force.
    It is their avowed purpose of the total annihilation of an entire race, the Jews, which is the reason I did a 180 and supported Israel instead, not because I believe that Israel will be the future seat of the coming King of kings.
    There is no such thing as moderate Islam, there is only militant Islam.
    I don't care if a Muslim was born and raised in a southern drawl, a midwest twang, a California or Brooklyn accent, blonde, blue-eyed, or sheet-white, he/she is potentially an enemy of Americans in general, and Christians and Jews, in particular.
    I'd keep an eye open around them as much as I'd keep my eye open when I know there's a wild animal lurking somewhere in my backyard.
    Finally, these stupid liberal Christians should ask themselves, what if it were the other way around.
    What if America were Muslim, and they were the ones asking permission to hold one of their affairs in a mosque, or even an adjacent building in mosque ground ?
    Will the Muslims happily allow the "infidels" to use their sacred ground ?

#11 pinoybaptist, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  12. OldRegular

I am not sure I would write it like you have but I agree with ~99.99% of your comments!