1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Socer Coaches - Big pay difference

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what? There are major pay differences in college coaches & professional coaches who coach the same sport, btw there has to be a payback for a paid employee, & womens sports just don’t bring the revenue that mens sports does. Sounds like AOL would like a communist pay scale, that works well……………………I’m already sick to death of the perfunctory woman or women that have to be commentating, refereeing, etc., men’s sports. Makes me want to NOT WATCH, or watch & be irritated instead of entertained.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Syracuse - the women used to play in Manley Field House (capacity of 10,000)
    Some thought that was not fair, as the men play in the Carrier Dome (capacity - 34,000)

The women - at best average 5,000 fans per home game.
    The men - average about 20,000 per game.

Well, regardless of the extra costs- is it really worth it to play a game - with only about 10% of seating capacity. In the Manley Field house - that 5,000 would be about 50% capacity!

The only reason that I would see is that the Carrier Dome is on Main Campus - where the Field House is on the South campus - and the distance is farther than a reasonable walk. And as WM stated - mens sports normally bring in a lot of more money