1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Software you are willing to pay for...

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by psalm40.17, Jan 9, 2006.

1. psalm40.17

psalm40.17 New Member

As a balance to the freeware thread I would be interested in your input for the best software of any kind that is available (for a price). [​IMG]

regards

2. standingfirminChrist

I love my Voice Recognition software. Dragon Naturally Speaking is a big help at a fair price. Last version I bought was 89 dollars. But that was a lot better than their first version back in the mid ninety's. $700.00

It is very useful to people who are blind like me

3. preacher

preacher New Member

What I've discovered over the last two years is that unless you just need a top of the line product, you can find just about any type of software you might want to use free. In todays market even the free stuff is getting better & better.
    But not to take away...I have bought PrintMaster,
    & I have bought Family Tree Maker for my wife.
    I've been blessed in that even my OS..Win2oooPro was a gift,(& it is a legitimate copy...I checked with Microsoft to make sure).

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cam Wizard is a fantastic little security camera software for 19 last I looked. It does a lot of stuff the high priced stuff does and he updates it fairly often.

Guess what kind of neighborhood ours is turning into :D

There is a graphic package that works well with Print Master by Hemera - something like 400,000 pictures [​IMG]

I also like Serif products, but never buy the latest version - they sell their older versions for 9.95 in the hope that you will upgrade [​IMG] ---- wait a year and get the update for 9.95 if you want it when they get a new version out.

They have publishing, pdf publishing, photo software as well as some other stuff.

5. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can't get by without TurboTax every year.

It more than pays for itself.

What Software do I use all the Time that somebody must pay for?

Word, Excel, and Outlook, they all come in Office 2003 which is very inexpensive if you get the Charity Licensing from Microsoft. Of course the Church has to "own" the licenses.

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can find oem disks for a lot cheaper if you snoop around a little online. I picked up Office for about half. They also have student pricing that helps anyone that is a student.

7. sovgrace79

sovgrace79 New Member

Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Paint Shop Pro

8. psalm40.17

psalm40.17 New Member

sfiC, I am intrigued what software or device do you use to view the internet if you are blind? My grandfather is registered blind and would like to get a computer in the not too distant future but is put off by not being able to see the monitor. any help would be greatly appreciated.

with thanks [​IMG]