1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sola Scriptura

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Oct 15, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My biggest weapon against the false teachers is the word of God and knowing it. I have looked at a dozen false church websites of various kinds and see all kinds of problematic statements. Some issues are secondary and a good apologist must know the scriptures well. A church claimed the sign gifts and while I do not agree with this, it's a secondary issue. Another church proclaimed that everyone is a child of God and hell and repentance are not necessary for Christ was just a good teacher. That's hell bound heresy!

The false teachers will not buy a book I recommend but they will read the scriptures that I cite in letters. When I call up the dozen churches I have sent letters and chat with the false pastors I will go right to Gods Holy Word!!

Know your Bible people! Heb 4:12, Psa 19, Jer 23:29, 2 Tim 3:16-17.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible is to be our ONLY source for doctrines and practices, but we must also use good refernce materials such as books on theology, understanding Bible, witnessing, etc...

And sign gifts can be a great concern if/when the church teaches wof and modern day revelations from God!

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you answering this charge?