1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soldiers in Iraq Sound Off

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 6, 2006.

1. TomMann

TomMann New Member

I'd love to see a link to the poll and read the questions that were asked..... as they were asked......

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I can see the writing on the wall. The leftist and the news media have lost another war for us. We will leave before the job is done. America has lost it's guts. This war has lasted over 90 days and is no longer entertaining, it has become hard and real.

I'm a vietnam vet. We did'nt lose the battles.The news media and a bunch of weak willed lilly livered punks in congress lost the war.Here we go again.These suckers make me want to puke.:BangHead: The enemy understands we no longer can handle anything that is hard and takes a long term commitment.Ho Chi Mihn knew that and so do these guys.

Bad news folks the war on terror is going to get worse we are showing them who we are and that we can be easily defeated.By the way just because we stop fighting back does'nt mean they will stop attacking.

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Hey, don't insult the girls! Some of 'em gots lots more reasoning power!

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe you'll ever get more than bits and pieces of the questions they asked. They pretty much publicize the ones that make the biggest splash for their client.

You don't hear much about some like this:

from Christian Science Monitor

"Zogby also said that when the troops were asked why they think that some Americans want a quick withdrawal of troops from Iraq, said:

"37% of troops serving there said those Americans are unpatriotic, while 20% believe people back home don't believe a continued occupation will work. Another 16% said they believe those favoring a quick withdrawal do so because they oppose the use of the military in a pre-emptive war, while 15% said they do not believe those Americans understand the need for the US troops in Iraq."

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

This war was lost before it was started. The cause for war was forever shifting and never proven. We attacked a sovereign nation preemptively based on the fact they violated United Nations resolutions. Why should we care what happens with the leftist UN? When you signed up for your military service did you not pledge by solemn oath to protect and defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic? Don't our current military professionals pledge this oath as well? Where does the constitution provide for pre-emptive wars and nation building?

Saddam Hussein did not do one thing to harm our constitution. Yet there is a domestic enemy to the consitution that has taken away our liberty via the Patriot Act, The Military Commisions Act, illegal wiretapping, illegal search and seizure, has ended posse comitatus and will enact martial law when great depression II hits or when the next terroristic attack hits. Then folks like me, will be placed in "community centers" as "supporting terrorists" because they exercised freedom of speech. All in the vain effort to encourage folks to turn off their televisions and exercise a little bit of critical thinking.

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Are you suggesting that the 37% is an accurate reading? I think it is. I suspect that just like the civilians in this nation (and on this board) those troops have confused patriotism with nationalism and internationalism. It is my desire that troops be removed so no more die in a vain war that has international interests at heart rather than American ones. I desire that no more Iraqi civilians are killed as it is an embarassment that 100,000 to 600,000 civilians have been killed in Iraq as a response to a "war on terror" in which fewer then 5,000 Americans were killed. I desire that our military, our politicians and our civilians get back in the business of defending our constitution and defending our borders. I wonder if the patriots of old would consider this position to be "unpatriotic"?

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, they're confused, as well as uneducated brutes just "stuck" in Iraq because they're dumb and lazy or both.

It appears you share Kerry's condescending attitutude toward our troops.

8. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Wouldn't that be so easy for you if I did.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is easy for me either way. Just reacting to the tone of condescension in your post..

If you don't like it, change your tone.

10. Plain Old Bill

It is already public knowledge Saddam had designs on nuclear power.If we look in Syria we will find the weapons of mass distruction, that is where Saddam sent them when he knew an attack was inevitable.

Rufus I understand your thinking although I don't agree with it for a variety of reasons.Has the thought that no planned attack has succeeded in the U.S. since 9/11?Have you wondered why?

I don't think any good is going to come of any of this.I do know that these terrorists regardless of where they are geographically respect nothing but power. Terrorists will attack and kill our men ,women,and children whether we fight or not,we have plenty of examples to see from. They have a 5,10,50,and 100 year plan and it is to destroy America and Israel, if you think otherwise you are being niave.I think this is the beginning of the end and we will get to find out which rapture theory is correct first hand.

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

:applause: Fantastic commentary!! :thumbs:

12. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Everything goes back to 9/11 doesn't it? If I believed that 19 Arabs were responsible for 9/11 then I would likely share your worldview.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "war" in Iraq was won handily. Liberals and democrats won't let us win the peace, a much tougher task. They wouldn't let us win either one in Vietnam. It takes guts that they don't have for the long haul.

I've resigned myself to the fact that a lot more Americans will have to die right here in America before liberals and democrats get the point, if ever.

14. Plain Old Bill

t is sad but true. To bad we don't learn from history.:BangHead:

15. Plain Old Bill

Rufus I can't even believe you said that!:tonofbricks:

16. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

This is why we are in so much trouble. Not only can you not believe it to be a possibility, you can not believe that it was even said.

17. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No, it wasn't. It was never clearly expressed consistently.

Because resolutions need to mean something. If you can ignore a resolution with no consequences, then they are simply advice.

He shot at our soldiers. He was apparently pursuing WMDs though he had not progressed as much as he thought he had. He agreed to a cease fire and did not honor it. He agreed to inspections and reneged. He committed crimes against humanity, the likes of which had not been seen publicly for 60 years.

How did your last line get in with your first? Critical thinking would never have allowed this nonsense to be posted as a serious contribution to the discussion. It is more scare tactics and fear mongering.

18. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

So be it. So long as you recognize that in your eyes it is necessary that the resources of the United States of America be applied for the purpose of being the enforcement agent of the United Nations (even though the United Nations said not to go down this path). I do not see how it is American to care even a little bit about a UN resolution and further, there is atleast one nation that has violated more UN resolutions than Iraq has. Are you prepared for a regime change in that nation?

Frame that "he committed crimes against humanity" comment. There is nothing that Saddam did that is any different then what W is doing. Once the dust has settled it will be of interest to compare body counts between the two despots.

The only fearmongering that is going on is the fearmongering that is being used to take away the freedoms and liberties of the citizens of the United States of America all in the name of the "War on Terror"...even the name of the war is fearmongering.

"Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither security nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin​

19. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I am not sure what country you are referring to in your last comment so I won’t answer. We support the UN way too much. But the UN with the US said to Saddam, “This is the deal. If you don’t do it, there will be consequences.” So there have to be. At the time, the evidence agreed on by all nations indicated that Saddam was pursuing WMDs.

What a gross lack of critical thinking. If you think what Bush is doing is in any way similar to what Hussein did during more than 20 years, you are seriously deluded. My bet is that you probably don’t think what you said, but you have to put up a front for some reason.

Call it what you want, terrorism is a danger and we must fight it. But your whole paragraph was intended to create fear in people over the danger of “lost liberties.”

I don’t think we should give up essential liberty for temporary security. But during war times and times of danger, we all recognize that we must give up some things for the sake of the cause. And if you think that having the phone of a known communicant with terror untapped is worth thousands of lives, then you are thinking very poorly. And I think you have demonstrated that.

20. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Of all the people here to talk about a "tone of condescension," you certainly are not one who should open his mouth.