1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Somali leader: Hunt down and kill Pope Benedict XVI

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by JFox1, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

2. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Of course, this can't be part of the religion of peace. And neither can Al Qaeda. Nor Hezbollah. Nor Hamas. Nor Taliban. Nor Shi'a, except for working toward Israel's destruction or a Sunni's. Nor Sunni, except for sectarian violence in Iraq or toward Iran. Nor...

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

What a jerk. A murderous jerk, trying to make a big name for himself.

4. Walguy

Walguy Member

Islam is the Religion of Peace.

And they'll kill anyone who says it isn't... :rolleyes:

5. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I fear someone will try it, though, if animosities are as inflamed as news reports say they are. Remember that it was a Turkish Muslim who tried to kill Pope John Paul II.

Whatever was Benedict XVI thinking when he offered up his quotes? Frankly, I don't think the assessment of Islam as born in violence is wrong; but there had to have been a less provocative way to say so, if indeed it was necessary to say it. Now we have the spectacle of the pope falling all over himself saying he did not mean what he rather clearly did say.

Well, not even the most ardent Catholic would put this one under the umbrella of infallibility!

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Frankly, to a New Testement christian church, why would one care when one heretical group gets into a fight with another heretical group?

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good heavens....Get a skin, guy!!

Yep - a peaceful religion. I totally see it.

:tear:

8. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Because terrorists believe that we, as followers of Christ, are basically the same as Catholics, and that we follow the pope.

We'll be blamed for it just as much as he will.

9. Forever settled in heaven

how come it's not okay for Muslims to commit political assassination but it's okay for another powerful religious/political entity to do so?

arrgh, i forget, the Muslims r the terrorists! :praying:

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such a peaceful religion!:thumbs: :1_grouphug:

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Unbelievable comment. So you care so little about others that you don't care if they put a contract on the Pope. He isn't a Baptist leader, but he is a human being. What if it had been...oh, let's say, Adrian Rogers before he died.

12. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

For a Christian, the Pope is infallible only when he speaks Ex Cathedra, and then only regarding faith or morals.

13. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Not true.

I'm a Christian and I don't believe he is infallible, ever.

He is a sinful man, just like any other.

14. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Oh, I know, I know. In fact I posted the same thing on another thread that is discussing the pope's statements. But my tongue was fully in my cheek when I wrote the statement to which you have reacted.

But you should have said, "For a CATHOLIC ....". Other Christians do not hold that position.

15. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Is this one guy representative of all Moslems, or is he an extremist with an agenda of his own?

Just a little balance.

16. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Right. Just pulling your chain a little. Thanks for taking it in fun.

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Yes a little balance would be nice.

You describe hitler as a normal Christian . . . and you describe an extremist muslim as having his own agenda separate from islam. You describe islamic murderers as nice people and adolf as a Christian . . .

Some balance would be nice.

I believe that mohomed has led more people astray than even adolf did. He has led more people astray than did stalin. However, they will spend eternity together . . . and it won't be in Heaven. That is not gloating, I seldom gloat over a person going to Hell. Even these evil men are no better or worse than any of us. Their difference is that they did not choose to be washed by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

I believe that Jesus is the Truth and the Life. Hitler did not have that. Hitler was not ever a Christian. Jesus is the only way. There is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved . . . not in any language. not in any religion.

18. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I can say is, look who's talking. The Catholic pope is a big mouth and he's got a big foot in it, too.

The first European navigator who came to the Philippines, Ferdinand Magellan, came with a message : the cross, or the sword. He met his death in the hands of Lapu-lapu, an island chieftain, who refused to take the lead of another island chieftain, just across a narrow channel, in the island of Cebu, to "convert" and become a "Christian", like another island chieftain south of his island.

Lapu-lapu died in that battle, too, and from then on, every "navigator" sent out by Queen Isabela and King Philip of Spain, were accompanied by Spanish friars who grabbed Filipinos' lands, introduced "titles and deeds", and "Christianized" those "pagan" Filipinos at the pain of death.

For 300 years they held sway in those islands, until the Spanish-American war, when Admiral Dewey battled the Catholic Admiral Montojo in a staged, mock naval battle at Manila Bay.

And then you guys came, along with your Thomasites, to further "educate" and "Christianize" Filipinos.

So, the Catholic pope calling Muslims violent and spreading their faith by the sword ?

Sounds more to me like the pot calling the kettle black.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did the current Pope support this?

20. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

There is a VERY good reason to be concerned. The Islamists don't make denominational distinctions towards Christians. They call us "the worshippers of the cross." The Mujahadeen Shura Council, which includes Sunni extremist groups such as Al-Qaida in Iraq, stated, "You infidels and despotic, we will continue our jihad (holy war) and never stop until God avails us to chop your necks and raise the fluttering banner of monteism when God's rule is established governing all peoples and nations...We will break up the cross, spill the liquor, and impose head tax, then the only thing acceptable is a conversion (to Islam) or (killed by) the sword." :1_grouphug:

#20 JFox1, Sep 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.