1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some false views of Election examined and refuted

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jarthur001, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

What more reasoning apart from the text?

Hebrews stands on its own.

Rev 3 stands on its own...

#121 Jarthur001, Jul 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bob said "When I point out that there is no salvation apart from Christ and that this point comes as a shock to many Calvinists -- Jarthur001 responds with the apparently vaccuous"

indeed - we must OPEN the door and have Christ COME IN -- for we can not have salvation APART from Christ.

We can not remain ALONE on the inside APART from Christ and call that "salvation".

Perhaps we are finally finding a point of common ground here.

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jarthur001 questions whether this is salvation --

Isaiah 55
    1 ""
    Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost.
    2 ""Why do you
    spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good
    , And delight yourself in abundance.
    3 ""
    Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen, that you may live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you, According to the faithful mercies shown to David.

Rev 3
    14 ""To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this:
    15 " I know your deeds, that
    you are neither cold nor hot;[/
    b] I wish that you were cold or hot.
    16 "So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold,
    I will spit you out of My mouth.

17 "Because you say, "" I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,'' and you do not know that
    you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,
    18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.

19 " Those whom I
    love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

And so because man-made tradition will not allow this to be the obvious call to be saved that it is - one goes to "imagining" salvation as being "naked and without the robe of Christ" covering you and "ALONE without Christ" and having Christ on the outside knocking WAITING for you to open the door.

How much better to simply admit that NOT having the robe of Christ's righteousness and being ALONE and WITHOUT Christ - is to be WITHOUT salvation.

The Gospel promise was NEVER of the form "Good news - you can finally be ALONE and WITHOUT Christ -and WITHOUT the robe of His righteousness covering you" RATHER that is the LOST condition of the sinner even BEFORE coming to Christ!

Notice that in Isaiah 55 they are "buying without money" and they buy simply by choosing to "listen" to the voice of Christ!!

Hint: "God so LOVED the World" -- the fact that He LOVES us did not make us SAVED - He had to also die for us AND then to DRAW us unto Him and then "Whosoever BELIEVES on him should not perish but have everlasting life" the fact that God, seeks after and saves the lost - even those who are in church that have drifted away from Christ -- and are now once again lost -- is not a sign that they never were lost!

in Christ,

Bob

#123 BobRyan, Jul 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007