1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some "Funny" Things In Life

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by 2Timothy4:1-5, Aug 19, 2003.

1. 2Timothy4:1-5

2Timothy4:1-5 New Member

Some "Funny" Things In Life.
    Author Unknown

Funny how a $20.00 bill looks so big when you take it to Church, but so small when you take it to the mall.

Funny how big an hour serving God looks and how small 60 minutes are when watching TV, playing sports, sleeping, or taking a lunch break.

Funny how long spending a couple of hours at church are, but how short they are when watching a good movie.

Funny how thrilled we get when a football game goes into overtime, but complain when the sermon is longer than the regular time.

Funny how laborious it is to read a chapter in the Bible and how easy it is to read 200-300 pages of a best selling novel.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say but we often question what the Bible says.

Funny how people scramble to get a front seat at a concert, but scramble to get a back seat at Church.

Funny how people cannot fit a gospel meeting into their schedules with yearly planners, but we can schedule other events at a moments notice.

Funny how we look forward to Friday nights, but find it hard to get up on Sunday morning.

Funny how we are rarely late to work, but always late to church.

Funny how we call God our Father, and Jesus our Brother, but find it hard to introduce them to our friends.

Funny how small our sins seem, but how big they really are.

Funny how we demand justice for others, but expect mercy from God.

Funny how much difficulty some have learning the Gospel well enough to tell others, but how simple it is to understand and explain the latest gossip about someone else.

Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't have any difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a best friend.

Funny how we are not hesitant to take directions from total strangers when we are lost, but find it hard to take God's direction in our lives.

Funny how people want God to listen to their prayers, but refuse to listen to His counsel.

Funny how people think they are going to Heaven, but don't believe there is a Hell!

Funny how it's okay to blame God for evil and suffering in the world, but it is not necessary to thank Him for what is good and pleasant.

Funny how when something goes wrong, we cry "Lord, why me?", but when something goes right, we say, "Hey, it must be me?".

Or WAIT.....maybe all this isn't so funny after all

=================

Kenneth

2. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

only one word

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( I wish I could type that bigger)

God Bless

3. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Does anyone have any bandages, my toes hurt? [​IMG]

4. howard435

howard435 New Member

Thanks Kennneth,

I've copied your "funny post" and am emailing it to others.

Funny how much most of us need to think about these "Funny Things."

Because He lives, Howard