1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some of the things hard at school.

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Sherrie, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

I have had plenty of talks with my own teens about the struggles of being a teen and a christian. Especially at school. How they go about witnessing, and do they even witness at school.

My 18 year old son expressed many sad experiences with me, with feeling as an outcast, being mad fun of, and hiding in a shell so as not to be shun'd.

He has learned many things since his first day in High School, to his first day at college. and I am happy to say he has turned into a wonderful young Christian man. He has many friends, of whom are christians too, and some that are not. He only hopes by showing and living his life as well as sharing the gospel they too will become wonderful christians.

I now have another son, a freshman in high scool, and a granddaughter in middle (jr. High) School. Now they are begining to share stories of things about life outside the home. Some are easy for them and some are very hard for them.

Walking a Christian life is not always easy, and we are subject to failures. But as we grow, we learn from them.

What are some of the things happening with you that are hard at school pertaining to being a Christian, and what is easier than you thought?

Some of the things my Son had problems with were:

Friend who drank.

Teachers who were not Christians and mad fun of christianity in certain classes.

Finding a girlfriend who had not already had sex. Either they already had a boyfriend, or they were pregnant.

Finding other Christian friends.

These are just some things.

Sherrie [​IMG]

2. AdoptedDaughter

AdoptedDaughter New Member

The hardest one, though..has got to be standing up, even if you're the only one, and you know that you're the only one standing for what is right!

~Teresa~