1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some Questions All of Us Daily Need to Ask Ourselves

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by wpe3bql, Jul 16, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

I came across this list of questions some time ago. Don't know why the Lord brought in to my attention today---probably because I needed to see them. Anyway, here they are:

1) Have I been a testimony today to the greatness of Jesus Christ with both my words and actions?

2) Have I been exposed to sexually alluring material or allowed my mind to entertain inappropriate sexual thoughts about another today?

3) Have I lacked integrity in my financial dealings or coveted something that does not belong to me?

4) Have I been honoring, understanding and generous in my important relationships today?

5) Have I damaged another person by my words, either behind their back or face-to-face?

6) Have I given in to any kind of addictive behavior today?

7) Have I continued to remain angry toward another person today?

8) Have I secretly wished for another person's misfortune today?

I must admit that I fail miserably in all these areas.....and usually on a daily basis.

This list ended with this from God's Word:

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed." --- James 5:16

Dear God, I pray that You will remind me every day that, as Your child, my thoughts, my words, my attitudes, and my deeds will reflect those of my Lord and my Savior, Jesus Christ.

I know what I Peter 3:15 says about being ready always to give an answer to every person who asks me a reason of the hope that is in me.

My problem is, given the way I often act, I don't think very many people will see anything of the hope that's in me. Consequently, why would they even ask me for a reason of the hope when they see none in me.

"We're the only Jesus some will ever see" goes the line of an old song. If that's true---and it is---what kind of Jesus do they see in me?

Regretfully, it's usually not the Jesus that He wants a lost and dying world to see.