1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some saved in hell?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by freeatlast, Dec 26, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The following statement was posted in another thread. I have asked the person who posted it what they mean but with no response. So the question is do any here agree with this as it reads?

"Not only are all saved people not members of the Bride, some are cast into Hell"

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am not sure that a belief that stupid from a Baptist merits response!

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I expect (but around here can never be sure) that the individual had in mind some of the parables of Christ where it seems that believers were turned away. That is an inherent issue (and error) when one's "choice" dictates what happens in the salvific event. One may think they are saved by their choice when in fact God has not acted. Conversely, God may have acted in some individual and they do not realize it by their actions (yet).

Other than that, I would expect, as does the Bible, that those who are truly born again from above with names written into the Lamb's Book of Life will inherit heaven and no one or nothing can halt that process. We have that assurance from our adoptive Father.

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

might be referencing either God sees there is no fruit on the tree so to speak, so branches were cast aside and burned, or that the person who had talents buried them, so suffered all loss when master returned?

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Both those are refering to the lost not the saved.

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

I agree, was just trying to give some rationale to that belief!

7. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Exodus 32:

33 The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. 34 Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.”

Psalm 69:

28 May they be blotted out of the book of life
    and not be listed with the righteous.

Revelation 3:5
    The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Matthew 10:33
    But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Luke 12:9
    But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God.

Matthew 4:7
    Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’ ”

1 John 2:27
    As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Romans 11:
    18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.
    22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Hebrews 3:12-14
    12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end.

We should have assurance of our salvation in and through Christ, but we shouldn't to a point to put our Lord God to a test and say to our own self we are saved and not trust in Christ alone to save us.

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

That is hogwash. Saved people don't go to hell. Once saved, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit "unto the day of redemption."

9. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I guess they think some people saved from the ocean also drown. If they perish, they were not "saved." No person who is regenerate will go to hell.

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BTW, how's the wifey and the little'un to be? I pray that all is still well!

I will still be praying for you, eventhough you're a Calvinist...LOL J/K Brother!!

May God continually bless you, your wife, and child to be. Just think, after the birth, she will have to kids to take care of, you and the new born babe. LOL!!

i am I AM'S!!

Willis

11. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

If someone says that there will be saved people in hell, I would have to ask them what they mean by "saved".

12. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

Believers turned away?????

My friend. Imo from looking at scripture most of the parables in not all are describing false believers from believers

#12 Christos doulos, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
  13. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I understand... I'm CERTAINLY not arguing FOR the wrong doctrine!

I am merely speculating as to how others might arrive at it.

Oh, and Rob Bell would be their guide. That is his take as well.

14. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

The only hell saved people are cast into would be this bulletin board! LOL I'm not sure where this poster found this doctrine but I think they need to re-read their Bible....maybe try a different translation than the one they're using <g>

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I was just trying to get them to explain what they meant, but it seems that they have went silent on the matter.

16. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Oh, I got it....I was just answering very tongue in cheek

17. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

LOL thanks! She's doing well. We're at 37 weeks today.

18. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

All I can say about this is that I was saved from Hell, not in it.

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So are we all who are saved.

20. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello freeatlast,I would venture a guess that this person may have a shallow belief in Millennial Exclusion, which doctrine is forbidden to be taught on the board: see here.

Probably the reason no response came was it may have been realized by this person that they mispoke, and if they will not respond with a presentation to verify their belief, and to give a sciptural presentation of their belief, it would be best to hope they have realized their error, and wish to let it go, that they might not compound it.

The understanding I get from the teaching of the men who teach Millennial Exclusion is that in an attempt to fortify a belief in eternal salvation, they try to reconcile passages that they do not understand with this doctrine, which is in error.

I cannot remember if it is the article which BB submits for consideration or another, but I have read that Charles Stanley, at least in part, holds a similar belief to this (which is disappointing...I have some recorded tapes of Stanley when he was younger, preaching on Conference Pulpit, and the man was a fire and brimstone preacher for sure...which is not a bad thing...lol).

Take a look at the article, then, you will probably be able to answer the OP, and have a better idea of where your antagonist is coming from. When we understand why someone believes something (which you could not do due to a lack of response), including odd doctrines such as this, we are forced to discover what scripture has to say on the subject.

It is not Hell in which they believe saved people will be cast, but sheol, or, hades. I think that this doctrine has surfaced over the centuries on a number of occasions, personally, so it is not unusual to run across people that believe this to be the case. Universal Salvation could work it's way into this line of belief as well.

Okay, hope that helps.

God bless.