1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Something Different About Syria..............

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Sep 7, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have not been around as long a Moses, Church Mouse Guy, or the dinosaurs, but there is something about this situation in Syria that gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Focusing on the Middle East, I can clearly remember the 1967 seven day war. Then there was the 1973 War. Since then, there have been numerous conflicts between Israel and the Palestinians, and Hezbollah. The United States has involved itself in conflicts of Kuwait, Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, and Lebanon. They were all serious, but seemed to pass without spreading.

I cannot shake the feeling, and cannot pinpoint why, but this one feels different. This feels like something that could spread like wild fire. First of all, we have no support for this adventure into Syria, either from we the people, Congress, other nations, NATO, or the UN. It is obvious that Obama has already decided to do what he will do. Asking Congress and England, etc, are just window dressings. The President is going to address the American people Tuesday night about the crisis.

Not only do we have no support, countries like Iran, Russia (and other former Soviet states) and China have made it clear they could support Syria. I guess it is kind of like a game of poker. One of the dangers of this getting out of hand is other nations perceiving Obama as weak, sort of like Khrushchev did Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Sorry for all the rambling, but given that this nation is ripe for God's judgment, given our attitude for His Holy laws, and how much He has blessed us, does anyone here see this as more dangerous or different than other conflicts of the past?

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, I am only 71....headed for 100. I did see President Truman in 1948 on his Whistle Stop tour when he came to my hometown. So I can remember what an honest, decent Democrat is like.

One military commentator on tv said that Syria would be another Little Big Horn. Others have said that this proves that the chemical weapons from Iraq were indeed trucked to Syria just before we invaded Iraq, as one Iraqi general wrote. I think that the Arabs should handle this problem through their own channels. The experts are saying that the only way to secure the chemical weapons is to send in troops. I think that that is too much to ask of the USA. Afterall, Israel has the 4th strongest military in the world and they should decide when to start a fight with the Syrian/Iranian bloc, right? As you imply, everyone will be pulled into this fight because of the small area. Since 1948 when Israel became a nation, the Middle East has been a tinderbox--due to Islamic recalcitrance in my opinion. A retired Army officer I know says that he hopes Obama changes his mind.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

i've been trying to get into Syria for years. Uncooperative bunch they are. They will play a vital role in end time revelation. We will go to war with Syria either earlier or later.

I think it's important to remember, no matter how sick of the wars we may get, that they are taking place because God is allowing them to. And in His allowance, we may trust that He will be glorified.

Like with Iraq, I remember someone asking me why would God allow Sadam to mass kill so many of the Kurdish people? And it was indeed to bring glory to Himself as hundreds of thousands have come to faith in Christ as a result of the wickedness perpetrated by the Hussein regime.

I think we're going to see the same thing...we're already seeing the same thing out of the wickedness of the Assad regime.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

One thing sure is different. The people aren't buying the lies anymore and . .

The US Government Stands Revealed to the World as a Collection of War Criminals and Liars.

Does the American public have the strength of character to face the fact that the US government stands before the entire world revealed as a collection of war criminals who lie every time that they open their mouth? Will Congress and the American public buy the White House lie that they must support war criminals and liars or “America will lose face”?

The obama regime’s lies are so transparent and blatant that the cautious, diplomatic President Putin of Russia lost his patience and stated the fact that we all already know: John Kerry is a liar. Putin said: "This was very unpleasant and surprising for me. We talk to them [the Americans], and we assume they are decent people, but he [Kerry] is lying and he knows that he is lying. This is sad."

CONTINUE . . .