1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Something I was just thinking about

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by thenjduke, Jun 17, 2005.

1. thenjduke

thenjduke New Member

I am pretty sure this has been in others minds but alot of non believers believe that Science facts once proven are facts. Here is my thought alot of non believers I know say how can you live on faith well my new answer to them is how do you live on faith in man [​IMG]

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I like that answer.

3. thenjduke

thenjduke New Member

Thanks just been doing alot of thinking on why people are the way they are and what they believe. I know I am a guilty party for not always believing what I should and slacking off but I just keep asking myself why and why do others do it? We have such a beautiful thing offered to us eternal life. Wow what a thought that is living with others that love you and you love back. People say love is blind well guess what I have to agree with this statement love is blind but God opens your eyes. Wow has he opened mine in the last few weeks.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Science isn't in the business of proofs. That is the realm of logic and mathematics. "Scientific proof" is a misnomer. All science can really do is present a lot or a little bit of evidence in support of a theory.

We should not be ashamed of our faith. The culture we live in values evidence and devalues faith. But God approves of our faith.

However, having faith does not mean we ignore evidence.

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, we have eternal life offered but people have to accept God's judgment on sin, and that they have sinned, and that goes against the grain of human nature. People want to believe something that makes them okay with who they are, or that makes it okay for them to decide what is right and wrong.

This is what happened in the Garden - Adam and Eve decided they could disobey God and decide for themselves what was right and wrong. That's the way it's been ever since.

6. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Ah yes, but can I tell you how many times I have looked into a microscope and seen God's work?

Everyone has to have a black and white starting point I guess. I learned, quite the hard way, that nothing is ever truly black OR white. Faith just is. And that is good enough for me.