1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Something Rotten in Washington

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

"Oldtimer" ???

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    rs -

Do you think that Clintion lied about Benghaz?

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I don't care. Politicians and Political parties have been lying as long as there have been politicians and political parties.

Some of our people were killed in a war zone. Sad as it is, things like this happen. This isn't the first time and it will not be the last.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now Salty......your a veteran. your son or daughter want to sign up to serve. You know they are going to get exposed to dangerous missions that will put their lives in harms way. Would be nice if the US Citizens would be at least respectful.... then you read this post "I don't care"....RIGHT! Do you now recommend them to sign up? You dont have to answer it but I will tell you this..... I did not.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

WHY?

They were there during the fight. They know something or Obama would not be hiding them. If they are not careful they may disappear for good.

Obama will reveal any state secrets beneficial to him. Apparently Congress does not have access to any info from the survivors. Why they have not issued subpoenas I do not understand.

On TV this morning a Rep from Utah noted that the name of the survivor Kerry talked to had been changed on Hospital records so he is anonymous! The stench from the Obama White House is sickening! Needs to be fumigated!

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Drone.

Correction. The press isn't interested. Let them start touting it, and the interest of a majority of Americans will immediately manifest.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are begging the question. It has not been established that Obama is "hiding them."

You cannot know whether or not Congress has information access or not. I say it is likely that the chairs of the intelligence committees have seen this information and don't deem it worthy of a public subpeona.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pure speculation. Certainly you dont operate off of speculation do you?

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the phrase "it is likely" denotes speculation on my part. Brilliant reading comprehension skills, there.

"Obama is hiding witnesses" is a statement of fact, with no proof. More likely they are under confidentiality agreements related to state secrets.

As to the hospital patients name being changed I would guess (see, that's speculation right there) that it was done for his own protection.

10. OldRegular

Protection from whom?

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Terrorists, reporters, whatever...

12. OldRegular

That is a cop out!

13. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

But they won't so the majority don't. Good enough for me. You just have sour grapes because the American people have rejected your ignorant positions.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The street term you are looking for is "Lawyering Up" & its the MO for most today.

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you've just said that the majority don't care because they're ignorant of the facts and that's okay with you.

Drone. Unthinking, stimulus-response, Obama drone.

16. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your 2nd sentence is an abomination!
    If I understand what you are saying, it is that the MSM will not tell the facts to the public, so the public will never KNOW that there is some ethical/legal/moral problem with Bengazi AND YOU ARE OK WITH THAT LACK OF KNOWLEDGE?
    Look RS, I know our political views are roughly 180 degrees apart, but your comment tells me that this subversive attitude of this administration is fine with you simply because the public does not know how devious it is?????:BangHead:
    Please tell me I'm wrong!!!

17. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You're wrong!

18. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think he's saying you're a breath of fresh air...like air freshener.:laugh:

...either that or your stale.:smilewinkgrin:

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Mr. Snow,
    Your past positions in threads tell me you are more of a moderate than a liberal. I have seen several instances where you did not automatically take the far left position, and in fact, sometimes agree with the more conservative viewpoints. In this case, you have to admit something is wrong.

I was a hugh fan of Richard Nixon, got to shake his hand, and voted for him. As time went on, and all the facts came out, despite the witch hunt by the press, I came to believe he got exactly what he deserved for abusing his Presidential power and the Constitution.

As Salty pointed out, no one died in Watergate. There are several deaths in this case, and the full truth deserves to be heard. I cannot understand why this is a liberal-conservative issue in the first place. In the end, Nixon was brought down by conservatives like Barry Goldwater.

20. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

OK :flower:

Just went back and re-read. You're right. It's one or the other. Would hope for the former and accept that it could be the latter, as well.

Thanks!