1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Something to Challenge YOU!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 15, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case someone feels this doesn't belong here, let me apologise now [I couldn't think of too many places it could go ....as it is posted for your personal fun ... in fact if your are having a church function, this could be a fun game to have everyone try]! I hope this results in some revelation about our own inabilities, or desires to voercome and prove this wrong. I have seen a few people do this. BUT, sadly, I failed each time!

Ever so often I try to post something here to take your mind off the hectic day you may have had, as well as to take a breather from debating one another. I found this oldie but goodie, and thought it would be as interesting as it is challenging, and I hope all of you share with us, if you were able to do as directed, or if you found that your body isn't quite as coordinated as you like others as well as yourself to believe....

Please feel free to share this with others [it's a clip and paste special!

HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT?

This is hysterical. You have to try this. It is absolutely true. I guess there are some things, that the brain cannot handle.

HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT?​

You have to try this please, it takes 2 seconds. I could not believe this! It is from an orthopaedic surgeon......... This will confuse your mind and you will keep trying over and over again, to see if you can outsmart your foot, but, you can't. It is pre-programmed in your brain!

1. While sitting at your desk, or in your chair, or pew(?) lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air, with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.

:thumbs: I told you so! And there's nothing you can do about it! IF YOU MANAGED TO BEAT THIS, PLEASE TELL US! You and I both know how stupid it is, but before the day is done, you are going to try it again, if you've not already done so. :wavey:

Send it to your friends, to frustrate them too.

#1 righteousdude2, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I am DISGUSTED with you for putting this on here!!! :laugh: I'm gonna be trying all day now to stop my foot from going counterclockwise. :laugh:

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I did it, it can be done. The secret is to dwell completely on your foot and sub consciencely draw the six in the air.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

OK, I did it. First try. Didn't even have to concentrate too hard. I think Salzer's right -- don't think about the "6" think about the foot.

Means I'm weird, right? Well, everyone in these part already knew that. :laugh:

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think a couple of you guys mistakenly moved your foot counterclockwise instead of clockwise. I can do the former while drawing a six in the air --but not the latter.

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

what a wicked thing to do.....I was giving it a go, but the cat keeps biting me when I am swivelling my foot......:tear:

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

I was only able to do it if I went in very slow motion. At normal speed my foot reversed direction every time.

Thanks, I am going to have fun with this challenging others.

Edit- with practice it becomes easier to do. It is kind of like playing guitar and singing, which I do, you have to train yourself to do two things at once.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not merely training one's self to do two or more things at the same time. Women are especially good at multitasking --but this challenge is in a different realm altogether.

I want more women to respond to this challenge. I don't tend to believe that it can be done --even very slowly. I can't even do an air J while spinning my foot clockwise.

This is deep doctrine here folks. :laugh:

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did it first time. However, I learned to write the numeral 6 by starting at the end of the loop and moving counter clockwise to the top. :D :D

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Uh ...

That'd be backwards.