1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sometimes you feel like a toad

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I busted out laughing! This toad is sitting on my back porch, identifying with me. Just looking all surly and unamused with the world. I almost shared a salt and vinegar chip, but don't think they eat those.

Awww, I can't get the pic off my phone onto here! Okay, it's one hilariously angry looking toad giving the evil eye at the camera, yet looking relaxed as if knowing it could simply evaporate anyone who bothers it, so it ain't worried.

Just imagine it!

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like your thought processes!! :laugh:;)

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting, could be a great sermon illustration.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Ha! I have conquered the limitations of the phone (which is not really a phone) and got a pic of Froggins on my blog. Toadins didn't have the same ring. Yes, I am this bored.
    Here she is: http://literaryworks.blogspot.com/2014/08/toad.html?m=1

Perhaps I'll go read her a Psalm when she returns. I know there is usually one in that area at night, but I've only seen the outline of it hopping over. It is likely the same one, and perhaps went there for the water that drips from a pipe sine it's so hot today.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oooooh I loathe toads. When I was living over the water, we had cane toads....huge and ugly and poisonous to boot!

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I don't mind them, but sure would if they were poisonous! This one now has a small friend and they appear to live in the small tangle of vines under the dripping pipe from the air conditioner.

In Oregon we had tiny green tree frogs that climbed walls and got inside. One scared the tar out of me - I went to do dishes and it jumped on my hand - it was in the sink! I think the whole state heard me screaming.