1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sorrow creates something beautiful

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sopranette, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Does great sorrow create great beauty? What does it mean when people ask God to break their heart?

love,

Sopranette

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

What comes to mind upon reading this is a conversation I had with a music professor once. We were discussing writing songs and he told me never to ask God to give me a song if I wasnt willing to go through the pain that is often behind a good song.

He was right.

3. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

That brings to mind, "It Is Well With My Soul". Certainly in this case a great tragedy created a beautiful hymn.
    I think, in times of crisis, we can either turn towards God, or turn away.

love,

Sopranette

#3 Sopranette, Jan 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I agree. In those deep intense times of hurt/searching, we can have the sweetest times with our Father. It has been that way for me in my life.

5. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I'm still not sure what people are asking when they pray for God to break their hearts. Is it a plea to rid them of their stiff necked attitudes?

love,

Sopranette

6. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I think I take that to mean that they want to be broken - you know how sometimes you know what you need to do, but you dont want to do it? I think its like they want to want to - if that makes sense.