1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sorrow creates something beautiful

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sopranette, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does great sorrow create great beauty? What does it mean when people ask God to break their heart?

love,

Sopranette

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What comes to mind upon reading this is a conversation I had with a music professor once. We were discussing writing songs and he told me never to ask God to give me a song if I wasnt willing to go through the pain that is often behind a good song.

He was right.

3. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That brings to mind, "It Is Well With My Soul". Certainly in this case a great tragedy created a beautiful hymn.
    I think, in times of crisis, we can either turn towards God, or turn away.

love,

Sopranette

#3 Sopranette, Jan 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. In those deep intense times of hurt/searching, we can have the sweetest times with our Father. It has been that way for me in my life.

5. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still not sure what people are asking when they pray for God to break their hearts. Is it a plea to rid them of their stiff necked attitudes?

love,

Sopranette

6. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I take that to mean that they want to be broken - you know how sometimes you know what you need to do, but you dont want to do it? I think its like they want to want to - if that makes sense.