1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Soteriological Chronology

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by NetChaplain, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is a self-contradicting LIE!

God enabled the saved and chosen to believe in Christ whom He from eternity had given to them unto their salvation.

<<<starts with the choice to believe>>> is most ludicrous irony. As if man is not LOST, until he chose to GET lost.

It's not even 'syn-ergism'; it's the predeterminate council and predestinating power of the sinful, lost, human, being as if he is God himself!

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Believing/Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 and not of the flesh ! Again those in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8 and if you don't see that believing is a act of obedience From Rom 10:16 the antithesis of not obeying the Gospel, then you in bad shape !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

One must be in a saved state before they can confess with their mouth and believe with the heart. Those in the flesh cannot please God and so they cannot believe in their heart, that would mean they could please God Heb 11:6 but those in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8 ! So consequently any confessing and believing can only be done by one who is experimentally saved by the New Birth !

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the basis of our dsalvation is the Cross, but we must still believe imto Him in order to get saved!

5. Getting it Right

Site Supporter

Yes, the Word is NEAR you...........

One must become convicted while in their sinful nature (lost), then confess Romans 10:8-13, instantly receiving the Spiritual Nature. Those in the flesh (sinful nature) cannot please God by remaining in that dreadful state. Any confessing / believing can only be done by one who comes under the conviction by the Holy Spirit that one is lost without Jesus. One realizes, being prompted by the Holy Spirit, that one is lost, separated from God. That realization comes by hearing the Word of God. The Holy Spirit, therefore, has opened the door, created the pathway, energized the expression of faith in what one has heard, whether it be by literally hearing or by reading / studying God's Word.

I clearly and thankfully recall that moment when "the light came on," the moment when I realized that the Holy Spirit was getting my attention, after I had watched a TV presentation and read a book concerning Emperor Caligula. I understood immediately my lost / confused estate, and I was prompted to confess ..... it was, indeed, a life-changing experience, from indifference, play-acting, to joy.

:jesus:

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Romans 10
    “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Paul tells us what "results in salvation" you want to claim that they are not lost but not yet saved at the same time?

Where in the world does the bible describe such a not-saved but-not-lost state?

you cannot make stuff up for Calvinism unless you want to demonstrate how the Bible exposes the problem in doing so.

in Christ,

Bob

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Paul tells us what goes before --- and what MUST / HAS TO go before in salvation, "9 (so) that IF you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL be saved" as sure as that God had given you to confess with your mouth and to believe with your heart.

You put the cart before the horses.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

No; All our salvation is of God in Christ, who shall and had finished the work He had begun in us THROUGH CHRIST. We do NOT believe <<into>> Him; we believe "in Him" and outside Him we cannot believe in Him. So we do NOT <<believe ... in order to get saved>>; we believe and are able to believe BECAUSE WE ARE, saved -- HAD been saved -- WAS saved and FOREVER are saved through the COMPLETE and completely completed work of God in Christ in us or "us-toward" like in Ephesians 1:19.

9. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm pretty sure the Bible says:
    This, to me, is clear scripture that man is not "born saved" or "saved from the foundation," but rather must encounter the Lord through the preached Word of God. Otherwise, Paul is lying to the Romans in telling them these things. If they are saved from the foundation, then why must they call upon the name of the Lord? If they are born saved, then why does the scripture say they must hear the gospel preached in order to have the faith to call upon Him?

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    <<<I'm pretty sure the Bible says:
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved
    .>>>

If God raised not Christ from the dead, you are DEAD in your sins still, UNABLE to either believe or confess.

Faith, believing and confession are not to be taken for granted --- they are the least possible in the heart in which Christ has not raised in the Glory of the Father.

Whether or not Christ will rise up from the dead in your or my heart is NOT FOR US TO DECIDE; it is for God in his SOVEREIGNTY to have decided, willed, AND, WORKED --- worked OUT, that is, to have REALISED HIMSELF.

#30 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is it the unsaved who call upon the Lord?!

Or do the saved -- believers --- call upon the Lord?

Do those who have not heard, believe the Gospel?!

Or do they who have heard because they were given ears to hear, believe?

The LORD shall DIG me an ear to hear his Voice; He shall GIVE me an eye to see the wonders of his salvation.

Why o why must man so defend his magical capability to lift himself by the boot strings out of death?

The LORD shall PLUCK me by the hair from the mud and put me on the Rock TOO HIGH FOR ME.

and that's a fact of faith, brother.

#31 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Now you are cornered with a contradiction.
    Is faith a fruit or is it a work? It can't be both. Of course, in this context it is given to believers. You can't provide one verse of Scripture where faith is ever given to the unsaved can you? It is not. Yet unbelievers (such as the Philippian jailer) believed and was saved. It was his faith that saved him.
    Dozens of time Jesus recognized the faith of others:
    "Thy faith hath you whole." It wasn't the faith of Christ, but of the person he was addressing. Over and over we see people putting their faith in Christ.

13. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

The Bible itself tells us two things.

First,
    This tells us that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation. It must be preached for people to be saved.

Second,
    This scripture tells us that people must call on the name of the Lord to be saved, but in order to call on Him they must believe, and in order to believe they must first HEAR the preached word of God.

Therefore, someone who is already saved has no need to call on the name of the Lord for salvation, as they already have salvation. As some who hold so tightly to predestination would have us believe, they are born saved or born damned. So it stands to reason that only the unsaved can call upon the Lord, as calling on the Lord while unsaved is what leads one to being saved.

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

It is the quickened person that Calls upon the Name of the Lord Ps 80:18-19

18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

19 Turn us again, O Lord God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Until we are quickened or made alive from spiritual death, we can do nothing of spiritual good towards God !

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ah Saved by Mercy!! Thank you for this beautiful answer to

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

There is no contradiction, Faith is both a Fruit and a work of the Law ! Just like in Gal 5:19 the Works of the flesh are manifested, so likewise the counterpart, in Vs 22 the fruit of the Spirit is manifested, the wors can be interchangeable at times !

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When the disciples said: "Lord increase my faith," were they saying, "Lord increase my workload"? :rolleyes:

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Rabbit Trail question !

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Rabbit trail = evasion = ignorance or I don't know the answer. :rolleyes:

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Continuing in rabbit trail !