1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Soul and Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Feb 22, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If that were my definition you would be right but your simply giving your own defintion rather than mine and so you are not right. Here is my definition:

"RIGHT NOW the soul by definition IS the mind, emotions and intellect EXISTING IN THE BODY along with the spirit existing in the body, thus man can kill a LIVING BODY but cannot put to death either the soul or spirit IN THAT BODY because man can only kill the body but not the soul or spirit. Upon death of the body the soul and spirit leave the body and go back to God.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

If you believe the soul is the mind, emotion and intellect existing in the body...and that we ARE LIVING SOULS WHEN WE ARE IN OUR BODIES ON EARTH, then I have stated correctly, that you are arguing against me something that is against you too.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I will continue to question you in the same way you question me about the scripture Matthew 10:28. I have noticed that you said a man could kill a LIVING BODY, but as you said to me, of course, man can kill a living body, and man does not kill a dead body. So, deny or confirm now if the living soul is a physical body with a mind, emotions, and intellect.