1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soul, Life of Jesus Christ ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Aug 6, 2020.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it, the blood, maketh an atonement for the soul. Lev 17:11 KJV modified from, for it is the blood that maketh to for it, the blood, maketh.
    for the soul of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it, the blood, maketh atonement for the soul. Lev 17:11 Darby same modification

Seeing, then, the children have partaken of flesh and blood, he (Jesus Christ) himself also in like manner did take part of the same, (flesh and blood) that through death he might destroy him having the power of death -- that is, the devil -- Hebrews 2:14 YLT

as also in another place He saith, 'Thou art a priest -- to the age, according to the order of Melchisedek;' who in the days of his flesh both prayers and supplications unto Him who was able to save him from (out of) death -- with strong crying and tears -- having offered up, and having been heard in respect to that which he feared, through being a Son, did learn by the things which he suffered -- the obedience, and having been made perfect, he did become to all those obeying him a cause of salvation age-during, having been addressed by God a chief priest, according to the order of Melchisedek,

knowing that Christ, having been raised up out of the dead, doth no more die, death over him hath no more lordship; Romans 6:9

Paul, an apostle -- not from men, nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who did raise him out of the dead -- Gal 1:1 YLT
    'For, as the Father doth raise the dead, and doth make alive, so also the Son doth make alive whom he willeth;
    for, as the Father hath life in himself, so He gave also to the Son to have life in himself,
    John 5:21,26 YLT

Christ the first-fruit

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 1 Cor 15:45,46
    Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. Luke 24:39

Was it the same before and after the resurrection? Is the soul / life presently in the blood of him or something else?