1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Soul Searching About John Calvin and Paul Washer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would love nothing more than to get along with him but, as you can plainly see, he literally cannot go even one thread without insulting me and others.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Moderators please close this thread.

3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I was going to stay out of the tread until I read this.

THIS POST is not to be taken but in reflection of a certain sentiment that may be read into the post by an outsider. IT IS NOT to discredit the post above.

Do NOT assume that I am defending anyone; rather, I am questioning the right of a believer in making judgment over the sincerity of an apology as being acceptable or not.

The Biblical forgiveness extended to another is set forth in BRIEF in the following:

The Lord Jesus Christ when being asked how often we are to forgive, placed no qualification as to the type, manner or extent of sorrow that should be shown.

He didn't even suggest that we are to seek that someone extend forgiveness before they are forgiven. Rather, to forgive whether being asked or not.

The believers own state of forgiveness, in relationship to the Father, is based upon OUR own forgiveness of others. (read "Lord's prayer)

Some believers do not have that standard, nor see the relationship of our own need of forgiveness as wrapped in the forgiveness of others, but at least let us all attend to be Biblical standard that asking for forgiveness is not a requirement to be forgiven already and make the thread edifying!

4. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Incidentally, I just received another insulting PM from SN. It's been reported. We'll see if the mods do anything.

5. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, do you believe it's reasonable to believe an apology is sincere when the person allegedly apologizing won't stop what he's apologizing for? What if, while his defenders insist he's apologizing, he's sending insulting PMs?

If I were to say I repented of a sin, but kept on practicing that sin defiantly, would that really be repentance?

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

JDF

I am not going to call you a liar, but you need to recheck who sent you a PM. I did not. The only one I sent was to agedman.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the request of the op, thread closed.

Hate may continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.