1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soul Winning in Christ’s Millennial Age

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by aPirate, Aug 8, 2004.

1. aPirate

aPirate New Member

It seems to me that most preachers stop at the rapture when discussing what a Christian has to look forward to in the coming days. Then it is as if the story is over and we are with Christ and we all live happily ever after.

The disturbing thing to me about this is that Revelation mentions the millennial reign of Christ and it appears that those who are with Christ then in glorified bodies are the ones who have been resurrected, and the ones who have been through the rapture. It also appears that all of these people are now living immortal lives, but the children born during the tribulation are still living, dying, and populating the earth during Christ’s millennial reign.

Revelation mentions that there will be multitudes of these people who at the end of the millennium will fight with Satan against Christ.

My question is where are all the soul winners during this time? Is it possible that the millennial reign will not feel like a story with a happy ending? Will all of us Christians there be fighting a losing battle to persuade our descendents to come to Christ? Can souls even be won then when Christ is standing right in their sight? Is it possible to start preparing for those days now? Is it possible to be convicted for those souls that have not yet been born?

2. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

when Christ says that we will be priests and kings in the kingdom, he means that we will be the ones who will maintain the services of worship so to speak. We will be the witnesses and bearers of the gospel to the nations. Also, Christ himself will be here with us. I am sure that he also will promote salvation should there be anyone needing such in the time of the millenium.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are a small number of unsaved who will survive the hallocaust of the Tribulation and live on into the Millenium.

If there are such unregenerate who are elect in that time period, they will get saved! Jesus is there and Bob will be there (in some lowly position) and the Gospel will be lived.

4. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

This seems a strange thing for you to say. I thought the standard pre-trib position was that only those who become believers in the tribulation will survive til the end, and it is their children who populate the millenium (some of whom are unsaved). I thought this was one of the major arguements AGAIST the post-trib position since all unsaved would be wiped out, and the saved would become transformed and would therefor not have children so . . . who then would populate the millinium/

Nonsense. My study of the ESV Thinline Bible, God's perfect and pure word in the 21 century and an improvement on the original Hebrew and Greek, has revealed to me this; the positions on the right and on the left of Christ in His coming Kindgom which the brothers James and John requested but which are being reserved by God the Father are being reserved for Dr. Bob and Daniel David. Oh! the riches and wisdom of God, how unsearchable His judgements . . .

5. aPirate

aPirate New Member

Well I would not want to claim that I had much of a part in the following! Satan is on the offensive, with a host of unsaved (at least the sand of the sea in quantity). This is exactly what I am talking about – we can sit here and make jokes about it – but billions will be going into the Lake of Fire, in the final battle, with the old deceiver.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about , and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

6. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

I think it is sad that after the millenium, where I believe the curse on humanity is lifted and man will once again live forever as intended in Eden, that there will be a group that saw the horrors of the antichrist, a time of humanity at it's worst, and see the blessedness of the kingdom, humanity at it's best, yet they will choose to reject perfection and bliss to embrace the idea of going BACK to the time of the antichrist and rebel against Christ along with the devil. What a powerful temptation satan must have to those in the end?

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This seems a strange thing for you to say. I thought the standard pre-trib position was that only those who become believers in the tribulation will survive til the end, and it is their children who populate the millenium (some of whom are unsaved).</font>[/QUOTE]I did the math. About 80-100 million will survive the Tribulation (assuming it starts with the world population of today).

And after 1000 years of peace and prosperity, the population will again look like today. The believers (raptured saints and dead in Christ who reign with Him) will NOT be having children in their glorified bodies; some believers will survive the Trib and enter the Kingdon, but a tiny fraction.

And with all the horses on the streets of gold, Bob will be pushing a broom methinks. :rolleyes:

8. superdave

superdave New Member

carrying a pooper scooper perhaps,

Me I am looking forward to my job as a roadie for Jesus' Blugrass band

9. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Pete, thanks for the love. Oh, and I will gladly call down fire upon those who do not recognize the ESV THINLINE (not just any ESV) as the perfect word.

10. aPirate

aPirate New Member

I know a new heaven and a new earth will be created after Satan is finally cast into the Lake of Fire, and that then we truly will live happily ever after except that you have brought up an interesting point.

The saved will have all gone through the whole mess also, the saved including us, so won’t we remember the whole terrible war, including all the loved ones or friends we knew who rejected Christ? We will all be veterans of the greatest battle ever. How will Christ heal the hurt within us then?

God has never seemed to be in the business of distorting reality. I have heard some say that His Great White Throne Judgment will be so just that everyone will know within themselves of the surety of it – maybe that is the answer, I don’t know.

11. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

This seems a strange thing for you to say. I thought the standard pre-trib position was that only those who become believers in the tribulation will survive til the end, and it is their children who populate the millenium (some of whom are unsaved). I thought this was one of the major arguements AGAIST the post-trib position since all unsaved would be wiped out, and the saved would become transformed and would therefor not have children so . . . who then would populate the millinium/

Nonsense. My study of the ESV Thinline Bible, God's perfect and pure word in the 21 century and an improvement on the original Hebrew and Greek, has revealed to me this; the positions on the right and on the left of Christ in His coming Kindgom which the brothers James and John requested but which are being reserved by God the Father are being reserved for Dr. Bob and Daniel David. Oh! the riches and wisdom of God, how unsearchable His judgements . . .
    </font>[/QUOTE]Not to thinly veiled mockery of the KJVo position, posted in a non-version forum, yet NOT rebuked nor told to take it to the appropriate forum. And "our great moderator" was partaking actively in this thread!
    Can you say hypocrisy?
    "I knew you could" , but you won't.
    Jim