1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sound Arguments for the Impeachment of Vice President Cheney

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 19, 2007.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll leave the research to you, BIR. I already know a leftist by what comes out of his mouth.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it quite telling that the libs refuse to acknowledge the above facts; they just keep on keeping on in their accusations of "the right" unconditionally accepting & backing the present administration.

Even more interesting is that you very seldom, if ever see the left denounce ANY of their darlings regardless of their actions; fact is, I don't remember any!

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of definitions, in spite of sound arguments that can be made, the Democrats don't have the guts to go the impeachment route.

4. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

It's not a matter of "guts". They would institute articles of impeachment in a New York minute, if they had grounds.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Impeachment is a political matter, not a legal matter. If you doubt this, just read the history of President Andrew Johnson.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Impeachment is certainly a political process, but Congress needs to legitimize itself by accusations that some crime or misdemeanor was committed.

In Johnson's case, he was accused of 10 different violations of the law. Most of the alledged violations involved the Command of the Army Act and the Tenure of Office Act.

Democrats today have no evidence of even one law broken by Bush. They would be worse than fools to even try to impeach him without such.

It would most likely cost them their majority and possibly the next Presidency to even try. Democrats know it and although their hate is strong, their thirst for power is stronger.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto for Republicans.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who do Republicans hate enough to try to impeach them?

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, that's right, carpro. I forgot. Folks like you believe that Republicans are pure as the wind-driven snow and that Democrats are the devil incarnate.

I'll try not to forget this belief of yours in our future discussions.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Republicans were behind the only two impeachments in our nation's history - Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton.

But since you believe that Republicans are pure as the wind-driven snow I imagine you believe that they were justified in both instances.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe perjury is a felony.

Do you doubt that Clinton perjured himself?

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since it has been almost a decade ago and I don't harbor the hatred for the man that you do, perhaps you can refresh my memory of the facts of the case, carpro.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Playing games now, huh? :laugh:

Regardless of what you think or want to remember, Clinton knew he was caught and pled his way out of a real non-political criminal trial.

Public record and public knowledge. Maybe you should do a little remedial reading and refresh your memory.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think we should fire all of em right now. The republicans and democrats both share the blame for running this country into the ground. How any one of you guys can sit here night after night and take sides and actually try and defend any of them is beyond me. The only reason I can figure that you keep attempting to do it at this point is just for the sport of dissing and chunkin on the "other side" while actually caring very little if any about the sad condition these people together have put our republic in.

#34 poncho, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2007
  15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Absolutely amazing. These two parties control 100% of the political power in this country. They together set the standard of what it means to be selfish, greedy, lust for power, and any other evil thing one can conceive.

What on earth is going through a Christian's mind when they support either?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Haven't got a clue and don't want one either.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever, carpro. I have guitar to go practice on. Unlike politicians I have control over it. Well, at this point, sort of. :)

18. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

No, do the research yourself - don't rely upon others.

This discussion has made it abundantly clear that you do not know what the term means....

Regards,
    BiR

#38 Baptist in Richmond, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  19. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Sorry I missed this earlier: I support GWB's efforts at protecting citizens of the United States from terrorists.
    That is not a leftist stance. Sadly I don't think you can find a whole lot more from GWB that I support.

20. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

Neocons =neo-con-unists

Do you know why you do support Bush? Please tell us ....He is through his actions destroying the America my father fought to defend(although it was wwII ) another war that was started by a group of one worlders.......Read Tolands book (fully documented with goverment papers) obtained throgh the freedom of information act.called "INFAMY PEARL HARBOR and ITS AFTERMATH"
    you will see that thousands of good americans died in a war planned to _take_america_ closer to global goverment....as was every war since the birth of this nation,also read WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT by Wm. Grady, for a christian view of american history ,realize that you and all others that have gone through the public schools have been lied to.(myself included).It takes a great deal of study to bring yourself out of the mire of lies and deception, and if we don't bring ourselves out, we stand no chance of awakening others.