1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

South Carolina Has Been Called for McCain

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 19, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The AP and alos Fox News has called South Carolina for McCain.

Bye bye Mike Huckabee!

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think McCain and Romney are going to be the two to decide it with maybe Guiliani sneaking in there if he can find a way to win Florida

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a word of prophecy or hopeful (wishful) thinking?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just plain fact. If Huckabee can't win in South Carolina with a huge number of evangelical voters, then his campaign is done for practical purposes.

And now I see no further reason for me to post in this forum about the Mike Huckabee campaign. I imagine there are several people in this forum who will be happy to hear about this as well. :)

#4 KenH, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't think you can count anyone out yet, save Hunter and Paul, and likely Thompson. Thompson's consistent conservative message just hasn't taken root. Romney will need a miracle. I still think it's between John and Mike, and maybe Rudy can get in it in Florida.

McCain got good Veterans votes, and Vets make up a huge block in SC.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that it down to between McCain and Romney. If McCain wins Florida, then I think it's over. If Romney wins Florida, then those two may battle it out for months to come.

8. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

Well the Huckabee campaign vowed to fight till the end. I go with them. It is still not over yet. It was a closed fight in SC. Congratulations to McCain and his supporters!!

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

McCain is the one candidate I cannot quite figure out. I have already excluded Romney and Giuliani from a vote. The others I would probably vote for in a general election. McCain is kind of a mixed bag. He is pro life, conservative, and pro military, but at the same time, he is part of Washington and has contributed to the massive spending and deficits. He is also soft on illegal immigration.

Anyway, back to the topic. If Giuliani wins Fla, the race is wide open again. Giuliani is likely with a win in Fla to do quite well on super Tuesday with the bigger northern states.

10. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Romney has more than twice the delegates of the second-place runner~why a miracle?

11. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What if Huckabee wins Flo?

This sure is an exciting race though!

The anticipation of waiting to see just who it is the Lord raises up is awesome!

God Bless! :thumbs:

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Because his future prospects are not looking positive. His only hope is for Rudy to flop in FL and bail early, giving Mitt an inside edge on the former Rudy supporters. Mitt will not likely get any folks who are former Fred heads or Mike Likers should either drop out. Romney has yet to have a strong showing in a primary, just two caucus wins. He's not dead. But he needed to have a much stronger showing to be viable. Fourth in SC? His only asset is his assets :) He has the personal wealth to be able to stay in til the end. But you have to ask just how viable is he if he continues to have mediocore results in integral primaries.

13. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a McCain supporter, I am pleased with the results. My only disappointment is the fact that I moved to Tennessee too late to vote for him in the Feb. 5 primary :(.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess you forgot about Romney winning the Michigan primary last Tuesday.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I certainly would like to, and hope he loses every other primary. The sooner he drops out, the better.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romney's campaign will last through at least February 5th. After February 5th there will most likely be only one Democrat and one Republican still campaigning.