1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

South Vietnam

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Dec 23, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That Was My Day and Time....

...and as I believed then I still believe: We NEVER should have been there. It was surely a politicians war. Every day, we were told where we could take the fight to the enemy, and the restrictions and limits passed down from DC were one of the major reasons we lost many fine men and women to what was never a war.

A true war can't have restrictions and limits. And this ridiculous "Rule of Engagement" is the most dangerous policy ever established in our lifetime.

War is hell, and it can only be won when there are no boundaries. The military must be given one order. Advance until there is no place left to advance to. Someone once said, you can kill the man, but not the idea or ideal. Which is why, in a real war, like back in the days of the Crusades, your enemy must be completely defeated, or wiped from the face of the earth? There can be no mercy when someone declares war on your nation. Mercy is the beginning of leniency, and that may gain you a victory, but it allows for that enemy to come back stronger and more determined to reinsert themselves at another time and place in history.

Look at Germany. They were defeated in WW1, and they came back with Hitler just 20 years later to start WW2.

I don't agree with atomic weapons, but the two bombs in Japan brought the people to their knees, and made for a more peaceful union with that nation.

If you are going to fight a war, there needs to be no holds barred, if true, unconditional victory is your real goal.

Viet Nam was a poor excuse of a war/conflict, and that is why we remain embarrassed and why we lost, at least in the eyes of the world, and minds of most Americans.

General Patton wanted to go into Russia and address the growing tensions. I can't help but wonder what Russian-American relations would look like today, had Patton been allowed to continue into Russia?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist