1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by untangled, Sep 20, 2004.

1. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello,

Its been a long while since I have posted here. Well to tell you about my current situation I have decided to switch to Southeastern to finish my M.Div. I was at Liberty but found that you couldn't get help at all. I know its DL but it shouldn't take two weeks to have a simple question aswered. I felt God calling me to attend Southeastern.

Anyway, does anyone here attend SEBTS? I have a couple questions about campus life especially from anyone who attends that is married. Some students have full time churches and attend but that's not my case. I would like to know if its even affordable to live up in that area and how you have managed since being there.

How are the professors? Are most pretty conservative? Thanks.

In Christ,

Brooks

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

He who is faithful in little is faithful in much. That is what I lok for first. If they will not communicate with a prospective student imagine what it would be like once you are there.

I use the same philosophy when I look at a prospective employer too.

3. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    GB,

Thanks for replying. You're right..

4. Todd

Todd New Member

Untangled, I can tell you just about anything you would like to know about SEBTS. I graduated from SEBTS in December of 2001 with my M.Div. degree. My wife and I and our son lived in campus housing for half of our time at seminary. We stayed in the new section of the McDowell townhomes and they were very nice and reasonably priced. The community is wonderful and all the professors are fantastic. That may sound a little too good to be true, but I can promise you that is an accurate statement. While we lived on campus, I was a full-time student and I also had a full-time job at a local grocery store, with a part-time pastorate to boot! I was very busy back then!

There's much more I could tell you about SEBTS. Just leave your questions and I'll get back to you ASAP. FYI, I'm fixing to begin Ph.D. work at Baptist Bible Seminary in Clarks Summit, PA but I would've really loved to have done that work at SEBTS. Right now though, the program is much too competitive and space is limited. I wanted to study under Dr. Bruce Little and he did agree to be my Ph.D. mentor were I accepted into the program. He's a great guy. Hope this helps.

Todd

5. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Todd,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you had a good experience. I just hope that I can get up there soon. I'm ready to start earning that M.Div. God Bless you........

6. Todd

Todd New Member

Untangled, I pray that God's richest blessings will be yours as you seek to honor Him through your education. There is no better seminary in the world that SEBTS - some may be just as good, but rest assured that none are better.

Todd

7. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Todd,

Are any of the SBCs in the area contemporary in worship style or mixed? I was thinking that there would have to be atleast one. Have you even been to any of them? Thanks......

Brooks