1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southern Baptist church planter

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by rlvaughn, Mar 2, 2020.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Southern Baptist church planter accused of shooting at vehicle in road-rage incident
    LBC pastor arrested for alleged ‘road rage’

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SBC organ Baptist Press:

Louisiana pastor arrested after interstate shooting

"BATON ROUGE (BP) -- Louisiana pastor Christopher ''Checkerz' Williams was arrested Feb. 11 after allegedly firing a handgun at an 18-wheeler in a road-rage incident on Interstate 10 in St. James Parish. The truck driver told police that Williams, 47, fired a handgun at his vehicle after Williams caused a minor crash, according to local news reports. Williams fled the scene."

"He was charged with illegal carrying and discharge of weapons, reckless operation of a motor vehicle, aggravated assault with a firearm and aggravated criminal damage to property. He was released on bond."

"New Orleans Seminary told the Biblical Recorder that Williams' employment had been terminated....A spokesperson for the North American Mission Board (NAMB) confirmed to Baptist Press that Williams is a NAMB missionary in partnership with the Louisiana Baptist Convention."

"Williams adopted 'Checkerz' as a hip-hop stage name, according to a 2017 profile in Baton Rouge newspaper The Advocate. He attended Gardner-Webb College (now university) in Boiling Springs, N.C."

#2 Jerome, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found his photo in the Southern Baptist school's yearbook:

webb - Copy.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    from sermon last year by this NAMB missionary Checkerz Williams:

"If you roll up on me and you say something bad about my wife, something really foul, and I smack you upside yo' head in the heat of the moment, was that premeditated, or was that, you know, just like, a reaction? It was a sin nonetheless, right, but it's different if....it is a premeditated act"

"So, different sins may carry different consequences. Yes. For instance, go back to that person that I slapped. I don't know why I feel like I want to slap somebody. I don't know maybe it was social media this week just got at me, but you know if I slap somebody there are some consequences. I can
    technically be arrested for assault, right? But if I shoot somebody and kill them, both are sins but they carry a whole lot of much different consequence. So understand this, this whole thing here is that different sins carry different consequences."

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    L'Observateur

"Williams had the opportunity to meet T-Bone in Memphis, Tenn., during a show, and there he picked up the nickname Checkerz. 'He gave me that nickname because I used to have braids down to here,' he said, gesturing at his shoulders. 'When my hair was plaited, as you know, they did the little square parts to make the plaits, so the top of my head looked like a checkerboard. We were sitting a hotel in Memphis, and he’s like ‘Man, you gotta have stage name,’ because i didn’t have one. We’re all tossing around names, and he just blurted out Checkerz. I asked him what that was all about and he said, ‘Man every time I look at the top of your head it reminds me of a checker board.’ So Checkerz it was'."

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Doesnt everyone want a pastor like this?

PASTORS- STOP TRYING TO BE RELEVANT AND COOL.

YOU BRING DISHONOR TO THE GOSPEL

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait a minute! Are you telling me that "pastors" are sinners, too? ;)