1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southern Baptist Convention

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by FR7 Baptist, Jun 18, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Who was there last week? I was there on Tuesday, not as a messenger, but for the mass choir that evening. Here's a few comments:

-We had 1100 in the choir for Tuesday evening and 200 in the orchestra. We didn't have enough time to go through all of the songs with the whole group before the actual performance. I listened to the recording on the SBC website, and it showed, especially on "Hands of the Healer" when the choir was supposed to sing in unison on the bridge, but we ended up splitting into parts due to confusion and it didn't sound good.

-On Wednesday, the combined middle and high school choirs and orchestras from my church performed at the convention. I listened to the recording on the SBC website, and they did pretty good. After the orchestra piece, they did the song "End of the Beginning". I know the soloist, Bradley, who sang that. He did a good job.

-Did anyone notice the guy who made a motion in the form of a rap? I didn't think I'd hear the term "be trippin'" at the Southern Baptist Convention. I got a good laugh out of that, and the Rev. Johnny Hunt's reaction was priceless.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your choir did a good job. Thanks for your ministry to us.

3. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Thanks. Just to be clear, I was on the adult choir on Tuesday. I'm not in high school and haven't been for a couple of years.