1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southern Baptist leader: Perry is not another Bush

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freeatlast, Sep 13, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Read the text.

2. mandym

mandym New Member

I have read the text. Its not there. You made the claim I assumed you could back it up with scripture. Apparently not.

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Yeah, cause what he said is refuted by scripture. James said the WORK ITSELF was good...no just that God went ahead and accepted it...

The fact is, a person who refuses to lie to save a life, then becomes a murderer. The command is to not bear false "witness," which refers to testimony or evidence in a trial. Now it is true that a deceptive tongue is also an abomination, but then, misdirecting a murderer is not having a "deceitful tongue."

4. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The text says that her works were good. Not that they were "acceptable because of her limited knowledge even though they were really evil."

Talk about adding to scripture!

5. mandym

mandym New Member

That is what I am seeing.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Her works were saving the men not her lie.

7. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Could not have said it better.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all there is not such thing as a State Convention HEADQUARTERS.! A State convention is simply an organization of local Baptist churches in fellowship with the SBC. (Actually there are some churches who affiliate only with the State but not the SBC)
    Annual meetings are more than just business meetings. The last BCNY meeting I went to - there was very little time given to business meetings. The annual Convention has some great preaching and excellent break out seminars. In addition there is a wonderful time of fellowship - something impossible to do at satellite meetings.

You have a concern about additional $$ for missions. Effective 1 Jan, our DOM along with many others will no longer be funded by NAMB. I know some positions at the State convention are be eliminated. This will free funds up so more missionaries will be able be on the home mission field full time.

As far as Lifeway - I prefer to have them under the authority of the SBC. Allowing Lifeway to become its own regulating entity, would be a mistake. As the publishing house for the SBC - if false doctrine were to be introduce in SS lessons, books, ect would only the be the beginning of a spiral downfall - with no oversight. Same for the seminaries - it's a check and balance situation.

By the way, I am looking forward to the BCNY conference next weekend. I am looking forward to meeting some of the great folks, I have met in the past years.

My advice is you don't care for the Convention setup; - as an independent Baptist church, just revoke your affiliation with the SBC. Remember you can still be in fellowship with your local Association and or State Convention.

Salty