1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by brackinja, May 20, 2008.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to know the percentage of 5 or 4 point Calvinists.

2. BroJim95

BroJim95 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a 1995 graduate of Southern Seminary, MDiv-Pastor Track. I am very disappointed and shocked at how few Scripture courses are now offered at Southern. I took 15 hours of Scripture electives, a Greek course translating interpreting the book of Philippians, a course on The Apostle Paul & His Writings (NT books); also my Systematic Theology I course with Dr. Wayne Ward was essentially a Scripture course. My total Scripture and related courses were 24 hours. But in the current version of MDiv-Pastor Track only 6 hours of free electives are accepted. And the offerings for Bible courses are much smaller now than in 1995.
    Both currently 2022 and in 1995, 12 hours of Bible survey courses were required for the MDiv-Pastor Track degree. So my total Scripture, required + electives, was 36 hours.

#22 BroJim95, May 14, 2022
    Last edited: May 14, 2022
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SBC seminaries currently seem to think that NT introduction and OT introduction is all you need to know about Bible books themselves. Not the way it used to be when you used to have lots of free electives!